well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Peloton recalling all treadmills
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peloton recalling all treadmills
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Clips on a peloton bike don’t increase the risk of injury. Just the opposite, they make sure you don’t slip and fall or get a nasty gash.

And yes, clipping in on a bike improves the workout considerably. If you avoid just mashing down but instead move in more of a circle, you feel different muscles working. And when the instructor says to imagine driving your knees up like you’re trying to strike the bottom of an imaginary table, you really feel the backs of the legs.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx: And when the instructor says to imagine driving your knees up like you’re trying to strike the bottom of an imaginary table, you really feel the backs of the legs.

I think that is good. Never heard it put like that.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Okay, that all makes sense.

I feel enlightened.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post