well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Peloton recalling all treadmills
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peloton recalling all treadmills
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
CEO apologizes for dragging their feet (if you will)

They're offering a full refund! Eeker

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker all Eeker

We need a check in from Cindy....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P.S. I "yelled" at Mr. SK one time for using the treadmill without attaching that clip to himself (the one that turns of the machine if you pull it). Gonna have to check and make sure he's still being conscientious about that...

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
rectal bleeding ?!?!?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
rectal bleeding ?!?!?

Seriously! WTF?

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
P.S. I "yelled" at Mr. SK one time for using the treadmill without attaching that clip to himself (the one that turns of the machine if you pull it). Gonna have to check and make sure he's still being conscientious about that...

I’ve never used that clip. Guess I should!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve never used that clip.

Please use the clip!!!!

I am convinced that there would not be nearly as many injuries if people were consistent about things like using the clip, ensuring that there isn't anything that can fall on the track (like a towel) that could either trip the user or cause the track to jam.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I only use the bike, which seems safe. If I were to pass out, I imagine I would rip my knees off my body because I’m clipped in. But that’s true of any bike — if you faint or fall, you’re in trouble. Or passing out generally, for that matter.

I have to say, I do not care for treadmills. I have never enjoyed them and far prefer being outside on a walk or jog.

And I think they are inherently dangerous and should be up there with lawn darts. They cause a lot of injuries. A lot.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
This is going to cause a big shakeup among Peloton instructors. Some of the best instructors teach treadmill classes instead of cycle classes.

My dear, sweet Adrian! One of the most lucious instructors, but teaches a lot of treadmill. Will you keep your job?

I very much hope they will beef up their outdoor running and walking classes. I really like them, but Peloton swung hard toward treadmill classes to encourage people to buy the pricey treadmills.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Wait...so how is this any different from any other treadmill?

Just wondering.....

I am with Cindy..GO OUTSIDE! Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Equipment-free exercise FTW!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Wait...so how is this any different from any other treadmill?

Just wondering.....

I am with Cindy..GO OUTSIDE! Yes

There is one thing a Peloton provides that I can no longer get from an outdoor run or walk.

I can no longer exert myself enough to get enough of a workout from running or walking. I will get injured.

And if I tried to bike outside . . . There’s no place around here where you can ride for 30 minutes at a vigorous pace without hitting a million traffic lights. And someone I know was killed biking on Massachusetts avenue by my house, as biking is not safe here.

Hence, Peloton bike.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my treadmill!! (It’s just an entry level Nordic Track, not a fancy peloton).

I would be happy to walk outside, except for the weather and sun and periodically scary dogs and so on ...

So neither me nor Mr. SK actually run on our treadmill, we both just do moderately brisk walking.

Do we need to reconsider our safety practices? I’m thinking no, but what am I missing?

(Also Cindy, I knew you had the bike, I just saw Peloton and thought of you right away)