well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do we really care about Bloomberg's NDAs?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we really care about Bloomberg's NDAs?
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
I mean, seriously. THIS is the takeaway issue of last night's debate? Nothing about health care, underemployment, the supreme court, climate change, dismantling of virtually all regulations ensuring a safe environment?

Gaaaaaah

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No kidding.

I recorded the debate to watch later today, but did catch a few bits and pieces while it was on along with some of the analysis this morning. Everyone seemed uniformly awful and focused on a stupid candidate cat fight rather than a group of intelligent individuals discussing how they would address the challenges and problems facing the country.

Why doesn't anyone you would want to be president run for the office?

Shrug

(I'm not sure I have the stomach to watch the debate as I planned, but I guess I should....)

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This is why I do not watch debates. They're all about little gotcha moments for the base and oratorical flourishes for the credulous media seeking clicks. Substance is really hard to find.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
That said, Warren effective ended Bloomberg’s chances and gave a hint of what she might look like in a debate with Trump.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't not care about the NDAs... and the more I learn about Bloomberg, the more I find there is to dislike. Also, I would really prefer that we not have someone in the WH who is a sexist, racist pig. [looks up at the sky, asks "is that so hard?"]

quote:
Warren effective ended Bloomberg’s chances and gave a hint of what she might look like in a debate with Trump.

Ok full disclosure here, I also didn't watch last night. but this is what I care about, how the candidate will hold up against Trump.

Well, and also I care about the candidate that will get the most people out to vote. I don't think that's Bloomberg.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg was utterly unprepared for the obvious attacks that any competent individual would have seen coming 20 miles away. Apologetic is not a good look for a presidential candidate. He should have taken the offensive on every single one of those issues and let the chips fall where they may.

Pete was the only adult in the room last night. Bernie sounded as whackadoodle as always, with Warren not far behind but just as shrill. As far as how she will do in a debate against Trump, she can ask for his NDAs all she wants. He'll essentially laugh her off and she will convert not a single voter to her cause.

I don't think I heard an honest, unscripted word come out of Klobuchar's mouth.

Biden actually looked pretty decent, but I think he has already lost the momentum and one good night will not revive his campaign.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Interesting take. Perhaps you watch Bill Maher. Regardless, Klobuchar was on maybe 2 weeks ago. His format is pretty assertive and irreverent, and imo the people who come off well on his program are fast on their feet, witty and able to jump from point to point as he brings them up. I thought Klobuchar was a total dud, because she basically came in prepared with talking points and wasn't able to deviate from those points. Maher will not let his guests get away with much of that, and it showed.

I am not anti-Amy, so I hope this doesn't come across as significantly biased. TBH (and owning up to my biases/preference), I thought Buttigieg came off very well in Maher's format.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Buttigieg is still my first choice. But I was very happy to see Bloomberg taken down by Warren.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post