well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A thank you to Bernard!!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A thank you to Bernard!!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I had not realized how long it had been since I was up at Bernard's...3 years???

My friend (who may come live with me) and I were hiking a mountain not far from Bernard's on a very hot day. Our trip north was, in part, to escape the heat. The other part to get our legs in shape for a big trip next week!

We thought it would be nice to meet Bernard for early dinner..

Bernard so generously offered us his SHOWER!!! OMG...After a day of hiking in such hot weather, this was such a gift!!! happydance

Thank you, Bernard. It was great seeing you and to meet your charming charge. Smiler

And checking out the daylilies from LilyLady. Flower

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome, BL! It was so good to see you again after too long a time. Lovely meeting your fun friend as well. My FA week ends tomorrow morning when he gets on a bus headed back to NYC.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10557 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
You are very welcome, BL! It was so good to see you again after too long a time. Lovely meeting your fun friend as well. My FA week ends tomorrow morning when he gets on a bus headed back to NYC.

Too soon! He was such a delight.. I will check in on Broadway for him in the coming years...Great to see you, my forum friend. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Aw... he just came downstairs and I was fixing him some food and he said he was going to miss me when he leaves. Frowner It really means a lot to hear that because I've been so unsure about how the week's been for him, seeing how I'm not in my teens (shall we say?) and he's 13 and it's just been us two for the most part.

Posts: 10557 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Aw... he just came downstairs and I was fixing him some food and he said he was going to miss me when he leaves. Frowner It really means a lot to hear that because I've been so unsure about how the week's been for him, seeing how I'm not in my teens (shall we say?) and he's 13 and it's just been us two for the most part.

Aw..The private talk I had with him had me thinking he was enjoying the time with you..

And at dinner he did say the time had just flown by...

My friend was so impressed that you would open open your home to a teen. She was very inspired.

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Kerri, tell your friend that FA needs more host families! (You could both sign up!) I'm living proof that FA families come in many shapes and sizes. (There's a couple somewhere up here, close to 70 yo both of them who invite their grand daughters to stay for the week and host a couple FA children!)