Notify
Tools

Cuomo
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
'I Just Hope This Thing Ends Soon so I Can Go Back to Hating Andrew Cuomo Again.'

People are dying, the governor is popular, everyone is inside—suddenly the city is all upside down.

https://www.politico.com/news/...w-cuomo-again-162215

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I watch his briefings. Usually recorded, sometimes live.

They are excellent. And he’s doing a great job.

Still, he dithered in the beginning. DeBlasio was worse. We were, what, 8th or 10th state to start closing up? Schools in particular. We should have been first or maybe right after Seattle.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He praised Trump today for turning Javitz FEMA hospital into a Covid hospital.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
He praised Trump today for turning Javitz FEMA hospital into a Covid hospital.

And then T put him down this afternoon. More than once. As well as making sure saying I think he is doing great, but I, then, but I, and then, I did xxx so am so much better.

So childish.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Cuomo is smart though - you go to war with the toddler President you have. Cuomo seems to know how to get things from him.

Most of today’s briefing was explaining patiently why we need to pool resources interstate.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Don't watch.

Not a fan of the Governor nor the Mayor.

I do follow politics in New York closely.

I think I'll leave it at that.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Cuomo seems to be doing a great job. The people of New York are lucky to have him.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He’s doing a good job now. His dithering in the beginning cost lives. DeBlasio was worse.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting profile piece on Cuomo.

https://www.vanityfair.com/new...89fe9c1e9_popular4-1

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Progressives don't like Cuomo. So what? This isn't normal times.

In normal times, I don't like Mike DeWine either. But right now, on this one issue, he's one of my favorite politicians.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
An article in the NYT referred to him as the ‘Trump whisperer’.

I had that in mind when I posted earlier about his praise of Trump. I probably should have explained that comment at the time.