well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Could you pass the citizenship test?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could you pass the citizenship test?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/intera...ries&pgtype=Homepage

(No comment Red Face )

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm a complete nerd. What can I say ... Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I scraped by (six right) because there were many lawyer-friendly questions. I don't know my presidents, so that holds me back bigly.

What I don't understand is how my tennis pro passed? He's a great guy, but not especially studious. I'll ask him next week and let you know.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I'm a complete nerd. What can I say ... Big Grin

Ditto. 10 for 10. I didn't think it was that tough. I think I had to guess (between two possible answers) on just one of them.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
6/10 here.

My sister in law (from Russia) passed though, I remember my mom helping her study. My mother is a retired poli sci prof though, so I suspect that’s pretty much the best tutor you could have. She would be rolling her eyes at me if I told her I only got 6 out of 10!

Re this:
quote:
the filing fee of at least $640 again.

When we were doing Mr. SK’s visa app, I was so paranoid because if you make any mistakes in the paperwork, you have to start over from zero. Every time you submit paperwork, there were fees of close to $400 (it’s probably more now), and there were a few steps, so you have to pay that fee each step. If you have to re-submit, you have to pay again and you don’t get any credits or refunds from previous payments. If you make a mistake in the final step, you're out all the previous payments as well. All those fees, plus traveling back and forth to the US embassy in Tokyo, plus the fee for the required medical exam (which can only be conducted by a doc approved by the US and so isn’t covered by Japanese health insurance and required Mr. SK to take an overnight trip to Osaka)... At this point I have forgotten how much it all added up to, but the whole thing was so stressful and expensive... And that was just to get a green card, so not a citizenship application.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post