well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Carville speaks

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carville speaks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Amen, brother.

quote:
We have candidates on the debate stage talking about open borders and decriminalizing illegal immigration. They’re talking about doing away with nuclear energy and fracking. You’ve got Bernie Sanders talking about letting criminals and terrorists vote from jail cells. It doesn’t matter what you think about any of that, or if there are good arguments — talking about that is not how you win a national election. It’s not how you become a majoritarian party.

For ****’s sake, we’ve got Trump at Davos talking about cutting Medicare and no one in the party has the sense to plaster a picture of him up there sucking up to the global elites, talking about cutting taxes for them while he’s talking about cutting Medicare back home. Jesus, this is so obvious and so easy and I don’t see any of the candidates taking advantage of it.

The Republicans have destroyed their party and turned it into a personality cult, but if anyone thinks they can’t win, they’re out of their damn minds.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and...party-james-carville

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Nice that he admits it's all about power.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
IMO there are a lot of similarities between the cult of Donald and the cult of Bernie. Same prayerbook, different songs. Only the GOP are better at it.

And Mik, you didn't think it was all about power?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't think it should be, no.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere recently that the Democrats would rather be stars on a losing team than mere members of a winning team. I thought that was a brilliant way to put their failures in attempting to defeat Trump. It sure does seem to apply to Warren, Sanders, AOC and the like.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post