well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Springsteen Says Trump Will Be Re-Elected
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springsteen Says Trump Will Be Re-Elected
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 41799 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I would consider it the most likely outcome at this point. But gawd I hope that changes.

Posts: 30211 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would consider it the most likely outcome at this point.

Why? The states that handed the election to Trump by an eyelash all look much more likely to vote Democrat this time (Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, for instance) if the midterms tell us anything.

Posts: 7678 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Minor Deity
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Since when did rock stars qualify for political prognasticating?

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 19101 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

Since when were New York City real estate developers the most likely people to be able to communicate with blue collar white men?

His opinions are no more salient because he is a rock star ... but they're no less salient either. No less salient than yours, for example. Or mine.

But maybe more salient, since Trump's supporters are, to a degree and in some proportion, the fans Springsteen has always attracted.

Posts: 41799 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Can we please find out what Elton John thinks Trump's prospects are? Maybe Madonna? Maybe a poll of all rock stars?

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9947 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Minor Deity
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Con artists succeed with the gullible and ill educated. No surprise there. Has nothing to do with being a real estate developer.

Now if Michael Moore said Trump will win in 2020, I might take it seriously. Moore makes it his business to keep his finger on the pulse of that demographic. He correctly predicted Trump's 2016 win.

I disagree that the voters who will put Trump out of a job want to hear a candidate speak Trump's language. And, the disaster at GM is not going to pass the sniff test among his fan base.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

It does rather beg the question.

Posts: 20712 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The Dems won't win over Trump's base, which appears to be primarily who this article is describing. This is just the same as the anti-Trump crowd won't suddenly be won over by Trump.

I'm wondering whether the election in 2020 will be essentially a pro-Trump or an anyone but Trump, doesn't matter much who type of election.

I'm also not on board with their comments regarding Nate Cohen's assertion that Trump won "by riding an enormous wave of support among white working-class voters." IIRC, subsequent analysis has demonstrated that the Trump phenomenon wasn't that clear-cut.

Posts: 31661 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I agree with Springsteen.
Why did he have to bring it up now and spoil my delusions of a Dem victory?
The Dems will not win because they have their heads where the sun does not shine.
Dems won't have a good candidate.
Bernie and others will split the vote.

Will Trump run while dodging handcuffs?

What country should I move to?

Slogan for ANYONE running against 45 in 2 years (Republicans included): “Hindsight 2020”

Posts: 20311 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The Republicans I know often say that we live in a republic, not a democracy.
When I ask them what that means they don't answer because they do not want to say that
they do not favor democracy.

Slogan for ANYONE running against 45 in 2 years (Republicans included): “Hindsight 2020”

Posts: 20311 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Minor Deity
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
The oligarchs won't relinquish power so easily. Our best chance is if the new Congress passes comprehensive voting rights and election reform and it gets passed into law. It remains to be seen how much clout they new House has come January.

Remember that Trump didn't win the popular vote, and the state's that made a difference he won by a tiny margin and under questionable circumstances.

Plus he's bringing economic disaster to his base.

It's too much to hope that he'll face justice for his crimes, but I will settle for just getting rid of him.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Trumps like us, baby we were born to run.

“Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.” - David Icke

Posts: 10949 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Trumps like us, baby we were born to run.
ROTFLMAO

Smiler Jodi
http://todayatmydesk.weebly.com

Posts: 18020 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO Big Grin

Posts: 7678 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post