well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Storybook House

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storybook House
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
That dining hall! Yes

1920 Storybook for sale in MA

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

If you look at the google street view, it is not exactly secluded, right on the main road..good visibility for a B&B though. (and you can see it was for sale when that photo was taken back in October)

The realtor's photos are pretty nice.

Listing Photos

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the realtor's listing:

quote:
Days On Market: 1,096

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

quote:

Well I don't really want to buy it - I want YOU to buy it and invite me over for about a week.

I'll bring wine.

Meanwhile - how about those grounds?

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I don't really want to buy it - I want YOU to buy it and invite me over for about a week.

Been there, done that. Well, the having friends come to your vacation home part. Sorry you never got to see Casa Norte.

quote:

The first thing I thought was "wow, that's gorgeous"

The second thing I thought was "OMG, that is a TON of work!"

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’d invite LL over. She’d know just what to do.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

quote:

I'll bring wine.

Ha!

Grounds are fairytale too...lily pond, that old granite, orange daylilies, yellow flag, Daisies, old tree log...

My favorite though is the roof on one building...so me!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d invite LL over. She’d know just what to do.

Heck ya!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Very cool.

If you look at the google street view, it is not exactly secluded, right on the main road..good visibility for a B&B though. (and you can see it was for sale when that photo was taken back in October)

The realtor's photos are pretty nice.

Listing Photos

Ya, shows the grounds and I love the overview. I don't think it is over priced for that many buildings and its uniqueness.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll bring wine.

I also want one of you to buy it. Hey! I could stay longer than Steve. Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first thing I thought was "wow, that's gorgeous"

The second thing I thought was "OMG, that is a TON of work!"

Same.

But what a neat place!! Someone should fill up the rooms with pianos and turn it into piano camp!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It would make a first-class wedding venue, no?