well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    “This is why Trump still has a chance”
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“This is why Trump still has a chance”
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t see anything about a 14 year old being arrested.

My mistake. There was a similar situation in June and a fourteen year old was arrested.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t looking too closely but the guys in the video all seemed like young adults.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Police named a 25 y/o suspect, are trying to find him.

Meanwhile, the victim has been released from hospital and is recovering. Thank goodness.

Source:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...tland-marquise-love/

Additional comments from the victim's girlfriend:
https://www.kptv.com/news/they...53-c7b04b7d662a.html

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
and is recovering

Alas, this covers everything from "will have a headache for a week," to "has permanent brain damage."

That 25 year old needs to be off the streets for as long as an attempted murder charge will keep him.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
and is recovering

Alas, this covers everything from "will have a headache for a week," to "has permanent brain damage."

That 25 year old needs to be off the streets for as long as an attempted murder charge will keep him.

Yes please.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
and is recovering

Yes please.
Agreed.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D, agreed.

I was just sort of hopeful from that update, since he's already home from the hospital. I hope that means that he doesn't have some very serious brain damage...

But, even then MTBI (mild traumatic brain injury) is no joke.

Frowner

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
No coma, fwiw.

I have been under a rock, slammed at work. I heard people talking about this but had no idea it occurred in PDX. The details on it are sketchy at best, and it seems to me that every nut job on the planet is weighing in with "the truth," which ranges from "nearly dead," to "skipped out of the hospital whistling a happy tune."

There are so MANY avenues of miscommunication, and so many potential versions. He was drunk. He was protecting a trans woman. He was protecting his girlfriend. He was a far-right extremist who was trying to run down protesters. He was an antifa member setting up a false flag action. He was a far-left BLM supporter who wanted to kill someone. I fear we'll never get the truth, and I'm completely suspicious of anyone who claims they know what happened, or the motives behind the attack.

It's awful, whoever did it, and for whatever reason it was done. However, I do believe that whatever motivated this sociopath was a motivation that was his alone, and at this point can't be assigned to "the movement," whatever movement one wants to assign him to.

Awful.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Here’s a video, and analysis of the video, and they still really don’t know anything.

I didn’t watch the, just read the description, trying for clarity.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Perp is on the run and asking for money on social media.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/...a-lengthy-rap-sheet/

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perp

"all I did was fight him" .... um, no.

In any case, they know who the "kicker" is, so it's only a matter of time.

As Nina said, the other details are murky. But whatever they are, they don't condone what Love did.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
"all I did was fight him" .... um, no.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will accept that story.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Even looking at the video??? I mean, I would imagine you're right that some will accept the story without looking at the video, but I can't see how could they agree with his depiction after watching the video.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

Even looking at the video??? I mean, I would imagine you're right that some will accept the story without looking at the video, but I can't see how could they agree with his depiction after watching the video.

Allow me to tell you a story.

After the NBA championships last year, the general manager of the Toronto Raptors, the winning team, tried to get onto the floor. He's a 6 foot 4 inch black man, impeccably dressed, easily recognizable, with credentials. He was barred by a security guard, who was an off-duty policeman. The security guard later filed suit against the GM, claiming the guy shoved him and caused him all sorts of injury.

Turns out, said security guard was wearing a body cam. The body cam shows the guard shoving the GM, not once, but twice, hard, before the GM shoves back.

First, the police union said that the body camera had turned off. Now, in the face of that footage, I read somewhere that the police union still says that it's clear that the guard was the victim and was assaulted.

It's the same thing with people who insist Obama is a Muslim, even in the face of video evidence that shows him walking into church.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
My thing for today applies here...

"For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic." - President John F. Kennedy, Yale, 1962

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post