well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    “This is why Trump still has a chance”
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“This is why Trump still has a chance”
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just skeptical that everything is just organic violence at this point.

That makes a lot of sense.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
So what is the real story here?

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I don't think we know yet. Did you read the WaPo article I linked? Basically, the person who took the main video that's being circulated said that the victim was helping someone else who was being attacked, the crowd turned on him, he tried to flea in his truck, it sounds like he was both pursued and maybe also the truck was surrounded so it was hard for him to drive away. He crashed, they pulled him from the car, and then we get to the video. Which, if you haven't watched it, don't. It's horrifying. The crowd is trying to keep him on the ground, saying wait for the police (ironic), the implication is that the victim maybe hit someone with his car? But that was before the video.

The victim is sitting on the ground, very vulnerable, and a couple people sort of take some pot shots at him. At the end, someone comes up from behind and kicks him in the head very violently, at which point he passes out and the video ends.

Seeing it, I was certain he would die. But as of Monday night (this happened Sunday) WaPo reports that his injuries were not life-threatening. I hope they don't include lasting brain damage.

I agree, it was attempted murder and this is more evidence of a horrifying disease, as PJ, Jon and P*D are saying.

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
he tried to flea in his truck

I'm getting a weird visual of this ... Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
he tried to flea in his truck

I'm getting a weird visual of this ... Big Grin

ROTFLMAO

I love spelling mistakes (when they're harmless anyway....)

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Ron, I agree with you, that's my reaction too.

But I think Trump voters will use this as a way to say "see, we need more policing, and the Dems aren't going to provide that."

It's not so much the lack of policing as it is the political culture of the left which has so pro-actively embraced righteous rage at all the injustices Trump represents. So this is what you get, and the response, from rank and file leftward thinkers, is to theorize about false flags and various ways in which this is all Trump's fault.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:
Ron, I agree with you, that's my reaction too.

But I think Trump voters will use this as a way to say "see, we need more policing, and the Dems aren't going to provide that."

It's not so much the lack of policing as it is the political culture of the left which has so pro-actively embraced righteous rage at all the injustices Trump represents. So this is what you get, and the response, from rank and file leftward thinkers, is to theorize about false flags and various ways in which this is all Trump's fault.

When someone actively tries to steal an election by shutting down enough of the postal service so that people can't vote by mail during a pandemic ... when he says that the only way he can lose is if the election is rigged against him ... when he says in public that he'll never cut Social Security and Medicare, but says behind closed doors that's exactly what he wants to do in the second term ... when he promises a beautiful health care plan, in two weeks, but delivers nothing ... when he says that he's issuing an executive order to stop evictions, but it turns out all he ordered was a determination whether that was necessary ... when he repeatedly says absurd nonsense like, less testing would mean fewer cases ... when 170,000 people have died in this country from a disease that he said would magically go away ... when you have a former DHS chief of staff from his own Administration saying he was completely uninterested in security threats to the United States that didn't affect him personally ... yeah, everyone is reaping what he sows.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there were fine people on both sides.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, the kicker had fine form ...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Police have apparently arrested a fourteen year old for kicking that man in the head at the end. I saw a different video that showed the person winding up for the kick. It was an attempt at murder. I truly hope the "kid" spends at least until he is 21 firmly in a maximum security prison.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a fourteen year old

OMG just a child. Did he realize what he was doing? I suspect no. I'm not saying that excuses it, but I think it speaks to everything that's wrong here...

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It would be great for someone to put out a constant stream of visuals "this is America under Trump" between now and the election.

From the economy, to the pandemic, to violence in the streets and children in cages... the list is long.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
So was this kid killed by a cop? Or a random racist nut?

Makes a difference to me.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
The victim isn’t dead. Local news reports say there is a suspect (the kicker) and he’s 25, which goes along with what I saw on Twitter. I don’t see anything about a 14 year old being arrested.

From the Oregonian

Everything moves so fast, and so slow. We want to know who did it, and justice, without waiting for the facts to come out. Still waiting for more information.

The right wingers were saying the next day that the victim had died, which he hadn’t. And saying that BLM was at fault. Painting with a broad brush.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm just skeptical that everything is just organic violence at this point.

+2

That makes a lot of sense.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post