well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Sending sh*t through the mail.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sending sh*t through the mail.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Literally. Big Grin (Cologuard collection kit) have any of you done this, instead of the traditional colonoscopy?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20424 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thread title of the week! Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13785 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yep. had a feeling this might be about Cologuard.

Interesting company. I'm developing the interfaces for their Epic implementation this year. Very different type of implementation for a reference lab than a hospital. Lots of interesting challenges.

Like the product. Works for someone like me who is very low risk.

My one and only colonoscopy was unpleasant to say the least. They say you won't remember? I could give you a guided tour of my colon. Not to mention the gastro was running very late and blew me full of air resulting in the worst pain I have ever experienced. Agonizing for several hours.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13527 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Yep. had a feeling this might be about Cologuard.

Interesting company. I've developing the interfaces for their Epic implementation this year. Very different type of implementation for a reference lab than a hospital. Lots of interesting challenges.

Like the product. Works for someone like me who is very low risk.

My one and only colonoscopy was unpleasant to say the least. They say you won't remember? I could give you a guided tour of my colon. Not to mention the gastro was running very late and blew me full of air resulting in the worst pain I have ever experienced. Agonizing for several hours.

Interesting. I felt nothing. Well, I don't remember feeling anything because, well, my memory of that hour was wiped.

Posts: 12519 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ooh, I should do that. I'm pretty low risk. I wonder if my insurance will cover it...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18360 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My insurance covers it. You can only do it if you are low risk. I didn’t mind the colonoscopy procedure, the drugs were great. But the prep was terrible and you basically lose two days.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or some other delivery service?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12683 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I assume a doctor makes the ultimate call re low risk or not? From what I read online I am, but I might be missing something.

Posts: 18360 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
... I might be missing something.

Hmmmm. Maybe you're not low risk if you're ... ah ... missing something. Big Grin

Posts: 12519 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or some other delivery service?

UPS

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
... I might be missing something.

Hmmmm. Maybe you're not low risk if you're ... ah ... missing something. Big Grin

???

Sorry, clueless here.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I just did the traditional procedure with the traditional prep.

The procedure was fine, but they used only propofol, no fentanyl or versed. I wonder if they stopped the fentanyl because of everything in the news about it.

I don't remember a thing. I just didn't have that ultra-relaxed doololly feeling like from the fentanyl.

This was my third one.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Expecting a thread about junk mail.
Then the s*** got real. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25685 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

Mine was horrible though I do not remember it..Apparently I was screaming in pain and they had to stop. I was given the option to wait 3 more days with no food to try again with anesthesia or stop and go thru the prep again.. I opted for the 3 day delay.

That was 12 years ago..haven't been able to bring myself to go thru that again. The issue was not my colon but a "womanzy thing" as my Dr referred to it...Endometriosis.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Mine was eventful, but not bad. I did the traditional thing, all was going fine but at some point the IV fell out (!). I'm not sure what they were giving me, but I do remember coming to and in a spacey state saying, "Am I supposed to be awake now"? They were startled but continued without reinserting the IV, as they were very close to the end (so to speak ha ha I crack myself up). Anyhow I remember feeling it but only that, no pain at all. Maybe I was still woozy from whatever they gave me. I'm due for another next year, I think.

Posts: 35368 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post