well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Public Opinion after Jan.6 Capitol Protest

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public Opinion after Jan.6 Capitol Protest
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.washingtonpost.com...2-af78-4949613740cc/

A few points I find interesting:

• Trump’s approval ratings, even now, is not at all-time low. There were times in 2018 and 2019 when Trump’s approval ratings were even lower, albeit only slightly
  • There are still 3 out of 10 who believe that there is “solid evidence” supporting the “widespread voter fraud” narrative
  • There are still 3 out of 10 who think that Trump has acted “responsibly” by his statements and actions since the November (2020) election.

--------------------------------
    www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

•  
    Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of CHAS
    posted Hide Post
    When George W. Bush was president surveys showed a constant 30% that would follow him anywhere.
    IMO there is an unshakeable 30% that is always ready to follow a right wing leader anywhere.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of wtg
    posted Hide Post
    Scary results. Most of the country is unmoved.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ol-violence-n1254457

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of Steve Miller
    posted Hide Post
    I’d like to know how these polls are being conducted.

As Nate Silver instructs us, calling people on land lines is spectacularly inaccurate (who has a land line any more?) and those polls have no value. In fact, it’s pretty obvious that Nate himself no longer has value because he can’t figure out a better way to poll.

I’m not putting a lot of trust in these numbers.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Minor Deity
    Picture of Axtremus
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Steve Miller:
    I’d like to know how these polls are being conducted.
    See https://assets.documentcloud.o...-1-17-21-release.pdf

It says “Interviews: 1000 Registered Voters, including 590 respondents with a cell phone only.”

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post