well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I think you guys will like this house

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think you guys will like this house
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It's a converted church in VT. Roomy, if not cavernous. Nicely refinished. Judging by the size of the radiator in the kitchen I'm guessing it's a real thrill to heat. $350K

Built in 1834

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Lots of awkwardly long rooms. The bedroom especially.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is one word I'd use to describe the whole house: Awkward.

It's not a coherent remodel, design or floor plan-wise. It's a mish-mash of stuff that someone picked up on sale at various stores. The colors don't flow between rooms. I can't imagine working in that kitchen, with the refrigerator all the way on the other side from the rest of the work space.

Sorry, not a fan here at all. It's a hard space to work with, and I think they missed the mark entirely.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Love it but for the price a bit high for Vermont ..and the space is not well presented..leaves all imagination to the buyer..not sure that will fly..

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I love it, but then I love Vermont and I love cold weather and I love big rooms. And I'd want to reserve some money for making some changes.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Lived in a place with cavernous rooms.
Don't miss it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
On the plus side, there are a lot of possible locations for a grand piano.

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I knew Quirt was gonna love the Vermont part of this opportunity. Smiler

I agree with all that has been said about the renovation, or lack thereof, but it could be a pretty cool place with an infusion of more money.

And a pipe organ!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
They “respected the space”. Maybe too much. Needs more walls.

And probably repiping. Cool

Nice to see it so well cared for in any event.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Overload for me.

I'd rather a barn...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post