well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Artificial sweeteners
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artificial sweeteners
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the paper for anyone interested in taking a deeper dive:

https://www.nature.com/article...referrer=www.cnn.com

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Sort of related. I started the year by removing most of the added sugar from my diet - Not 100%, as I cook with a few flavoring sauces that have sugar in them, and I make bagels and bread that have a small amount of honey and molasses). I stopped drinking diet soda a long time ago (I used to really like diet doctor pepper). I felt it was time for sugary things to go from being what felt like a need, to a treat. Ive never had trouble with alcohol, but I have issues with sugar.

I spent all of January just paying attention to added sugar. It was hard at first (when I want something sweet, I eat fresh fruit, and occasionally a handful of raisins), but it’s gotten easier. I cook from scratch, so our diet hasn’t changed that much, I just stay away from dessert things and candy and breakfast cereal. Getting rid of added sugar has me tasting the sweetness in other things - especially in vegetables. I feel better, I have more energy, and I’m noticing that I don’t feel quite as stiff and sore when I get out of bed in the morning. I really like something cold and fizzy with dinner, so I drink plain soda water or non-alcoholic beer (I drink almost no alcohol anymore - I figure if I can get used to minimal alcohol and be perfectly happy, I should be able to do that with added sugar. Now I just need it to WARM UP AND STOP SNOWING so I can get outside more. March was supposed to be the “up the exercise” month.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post