well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fill the application. Start a new career
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fill the application. Start a new career
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Really enjoying retirement. Just sayin…..

J, retired at age 69.

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
So, it's been over two weeks since the interview and I was resigning myself into believing that I had not made the grade for whatever reason. Did I say something I shouldn't have said? Was my knowledge not up to par? Was I too old? etc.

I sent an email to the recruiter this morning asking for an update. He responded quickly and said he would call me with the update/feedback. I still felt like this was over, until he called.

They loved you! The owner and engineer were so impressed with your level of experience and knowledge that they don't want to put you in the role of "just Sr. Engineer". They think you would be better suited as a Senior Level Manager! They are currently very busy with, and waiting to see how things develop with the acquisition of the other company before making on offer. This is no guarantee but things look very positive.

What a great way to start my weekend!

I still haven't heard anything from the company in Rockford. I sent my resume, references and cover letter in last week. My contact there said he confirmed that the boss got everything and that he has 8 other resumes to go over and is currently interviewing. I hope to hear something soon there as well. It's an IT Manager position with the goal of modernization from an IBM AS400 green screen MAPICS manufacturing ERP system.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Great news! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
but of course they loved you!

i was in a similar situation once with a design job when I was just out of art school. weeks went by. finally i called.

"of course you got the job!" they said.

gee, it would have been nice to say something a bit sooner?

editors are the worst... you just have to keep sending the emails gently nudging them....

sounds very hopeful and validating, mark!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Great news Mark! Best wishes for more to come!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, great news! Hopefully you'll hear soon that you've got the job(s)...

So when you get two offers, which one do you think you'd take? Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. It means a lot.

Good question wtg! I have been going over that in my mind ever since hearing about the job in Rockford.

If it happens, I will have to weigh a few factors in my decision. Pay of course. Level of long term satisfaction and growth, etc.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
So, that IT position that went to 3rd level interview was a bust. Still looking and had another interview for a position that is way outside my current field. Would probably have that job right now if the owner wasn't so indecisive. He still hasn't actually defined the role, yet he was interviewing. WTF?

Filled another application for a position that is a perfect fit. It's for an Omnis Studio developer. Remote. Based in Texas. I am one of a handful or two of people in the country with that particular skill, and I have more experience with Omnis Software than just about anyone, world-wide. I have been developing applications in Omnis since 1982. Our 9-1-1 Quality Assurance and ERP is written in Omnis. All of the small business and enterprise software I have written over the past 40+ years, I have written in Omnis. I dream in Omnis code.

I had to take a CCAT (Google it) and Workplace Personality profile. Finished them about an hour ago.

Now the waiting begins...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
With all that they should send a limo to take you to dinner.
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post