well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Well it you had any doubts about why he was doing it....

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well it you had any doubts about why he was doing it....
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
President Donald Trump said Thursday he opposes funding for the U.S. Postal Service and election security grants in an effort to stymie mail-in voting for the upcoming presidential election.

Democrats "want 3 and a half billion dollars for something that will turn out to be fraudulent, that's election money, basically. They want three and a half billion dollars for the mail-in votes, okay, universal mail-in ballots,” Trump told Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo, in response to a question on talks on the next coronavirus relief package. “They want 25 billion dollars — billion — for the Post Office."

“Now they need that money in order to have the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” he continued. “By the way, those are just two items, but if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."

Trump’s pronouncement marks the latest escalation in his war on mail-in voting. He has, without evidence, claimed that mail-in voting is ripe for fraud and will lead to a “rigged” election.

https://www.politico.com/news/...-usps-funding-394692

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I believe it, but the idea of privatizing the USPS was probably developed in, "think tanks," i.e funded by oligarchs. The first time I heard about it was when it was advocated by a top member in Obama's administration. Defund it, privatize it, get rid of it- it amounts to the same thing. The Post Office has been delivering the mail since colonial days. Needless to say, any of these plans would be a disaster for the country. So, I agree with you. I'm just saying none of these ideas is new. This whole thing with the USPS is one of my pet peeves. /Steps off soapbox

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I-1 is completely deranged, unhinged, and will try anything and everything (all at once) to try to stay in the White House whether he gets re-elected or not. He will interfere with elections, well beyond classic gerrymandering, closing polling places, and claiming the results are not legitimate (which he did last time despite driving himself through the loophole that is the electoral college). He has already says he "doesn't care" (meaning he welcomes it) about foreign influence and interference. He will shut down the U.S. Postal Service completely if he thinks that will keep Democrats from voting.

I am convinced he will declare martial law in late October if he thinks he will lose bigly in spite of all of every other trick he's tried to skew, tamper with, or simply annul the election. Portland was just a trial balloon.

And if all of that fails, he will start pushing tables and chairs up against the doors to barricade himself in.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post