well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Supermarket report
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supermarket report
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Man.

Just got back from the grocery store. I wanted soda, red-skin potatoes, garlic, maybe some potato chips.

All of the usual things were missing.

But there were odd sections of the store that were empty. No foil or plastic wrap, hardly any ziploc bags.

What is going on there?

Could it be that people who don't normally cook are buying basics like foil? Do people not already own tupperware?

The cashier said there are 100 people waiting when the store opens at 6 a.m., and they storm in and buy the toilet paper.

Cindy -- who took a count and has 22 rolls of toilet paper left and who will start using Kleenex after that

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Small janitorial supply had a big sign out front advertising that they had toilet paper at 2 PM.

I bought some for my MIL. They had two kinds, the truck stop stuff and a "luxury" brand that looks like re-branded Charmin. $ but not terrible.

The owner said that he will have three truckloads delivered early next week, but it will only be the cheaper stuff.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post