well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    LOLcritters

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOLcritters
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
RP mentioned this one a few days ago, but I didn't see it until today.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Finding a good use for barrels formerly used for aging cognac.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Ingenious doghouses. I wonder how the dogs like the residual odor of the cognac.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7365 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I've decided to get a cat.

A cat with a good temperament won't bite you, is incapable of turning its feelings on and I off, will not put up a wall between you, and will not be friendly one day and reclusive the next, so I've finally overcome my reluctance to take on the responsibility.

My cat will be an orange cat, young adult, male, and fixed.

I don't know how I will find one. I'd take one living on the street if I could.

Posts: 24598 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Good idea, Daniel. A male is a good bet. They tend to be more easygoing than females.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13763 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Joe.

Posts: 24598 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of Catseye3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I've decided to get a cat.

... is incapable of turning its feelings on and off,

Hoo boy, good luck with that. Smiler

"Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace." -- Mike Ditka

Posts: 753 | Registered: 27 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We've lived with several cats, and I've cared for many more; we used to help out a friend who had a pet sitting business.

Like people, cat personalities are all over the map. Getting to know the individual cat you adopt will take some time, and I think the secret to success is to be prepared for a kitty who might not be exactly what you expected, but that you can still form a wonderful lifelong relationship with. Animals have a wonderful way of leading us to learn about ourselves.

Enjoy the journey!

Bazootiehead-in-training