well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The VP debate
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The VP debate
 Login/Join

Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
She's grabbing the time back now!

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Yes she is!!!!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
So proud of her. That cannot have been easy.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I love that her husband came on stage in a mask.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Cause a woman who interrupts a man is a bitch.

This.

Then ... be ... a ... bitch! The people who will react negatively to that are a lost cause anyway!

You're a professional man, so you have never had to live this. So you have to just take my word on it:

Being seen as a bitch will not get you anywhere when you are in a profession where it is essential that people like you.

Had Harris stood up to Pence, she risked "creating a moment." Recall how Michelle Obama was treated -- she became a militant, machine-gun toting Black Panther.

Recall the rap on Amy Klobuchar -- she was "mean" to her staff. When was the last time you heard a male candidate criticized for being mean. When men do it, he is a strong leader. When women do it, she is a bitch. And when she is a black woman, she is an "angry black woman" who is also a bitch.

She didn't do anything that could wind up as the foundation of a Republican ad. Mission accomplished.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
No one saw the land fly on Pence's head? It already has a twitter account. @FlyOnMike

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
No one saw the land fly on Pence's head? It already has a twitter account. @FlyOnMike

https://youtu.be/H9nAje7PdaE

Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I lost my concentration trying to figure out what it was at first.

Then couldn't concentrate wondering how long it was going to stay.

Then just lost it!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My eyes are going. I thought it was on my tv.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree. She might have gotten away with getting angry, but she might very well not have. She was on a mission, and her mission was ... hold the lead, don't make any gaffes, don't give the Trump campaign an opening to use against Biden. She did a terrific job doing that. She might have taken the gloves off if the campaign were playing out differently.

And her performance resonated with women. According to CNN, men thought she won 48-46; women thought she won 69-30.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I’m on record saying she is not bright.

But it is possible she was just badly coached.

She was really good at breaking things down like with a jury. I had no idea what pence was talking about sometimes. Acronyms, some Islamic killer, huh? Kamala was clear.

Even her answer about international relations worked. Skillful targeting voters who don’t get international relations.

I am shocked Trump isn’t talking about immigration. That is dangerous territory for Biden, but he has had a pass throughout the campaign.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
“The Eye and the Fly”

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Biden campaign wasted no time. Saw this before I went to bed last night. Sold out now. :-(

https://store.joebiden.com/tru...r-flies-fly-swatter/

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Trump talking over Biden was a debate tactic.
According to a friend, Pence talking over Kamala was sexist.
Will someone explain this to me?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post