well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The VP debate
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The VP debate
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Vice President Mike Pence and Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris will be separated by plexiglass at Wednesday night's debate, a source familiar with the preparations tells CNN, as the White House continues to be gripped by a coronavirus outbreak.

The commission, along with medical consultants at the Cleveland Clinic, made the decision on Monday after studying the airborne nature of the virus and as the number of positive cases in the White House continued to grow.

Despite a number of positive coronavirus tests at the White House and that Pence attended a Rose Garden event over a week ago that is widely seen as the genesis for the spread among several Trump aides and allies, the vice president has continued to test negative and the debate is moving ahead as planned.

The addition to the debate on Wednesday is the latest sign of how the ongoing coronavirus outbreak inside President Donald Trump's administration has reshaped the final month of the presidential campaign.

But the decision by the commission to enhance safety measures at Wednesday's debate was met with mockery from Pence's team.

"If Sen. Harris wants to use a fortress around herself, have at it," said Pence spokeswoman Katie Miller, who herself tested positive for coronavirus in May.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05...lexiglass/index.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37691 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Presuming Pence doesn't test positive before then ...

Well, he might not tell anyone even if he did.

Posts: 12484 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Well, are you ready?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37691 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with how she's doing.

Pence lies so very much.

Moderator needs to get serious.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Grading exams now. Y'all will keep me posted. Big Grin

Isn't it a rich irony, however, that the head of the coronavirus task force is debating about the administration's magnificent response, six months later, thought two layers of plexiglas.

Posts: 12484 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I am trying to see the strings attached to Pence's extremities..I know they are there...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Annoyed that moderator is letting him steal time.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
He constantly goes over time...I got the feeling that having a woman moderator gives him some sort of permission as a man..He has talked over both Harris and the moderator... Mad

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Annoyed that moderator is letting him steal time.

Why doesn't she strategically return the favor. Not hard to do.

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Cause a woman who interrupts a man is a bitch.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I think most people who have a brain, and who aren't southern While evangelical "Trump is chosen" would get the point. Exactly what vote would she lose by interrupting him in an obvious tit-for-tat way, perhaps even noting to the absent moderator that she was reclaiming a little time that way

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:

This.

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Good lord. Do I have to start moderating these debates myself?

Men do not get to talk over me unless they are wearing a black robe.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:

This.

Then ... be ... a ... bitch! The people who will react negatively to that are a lost cause anyway!

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I think the meme will be how he won't shut up. It is constant.