well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, Ladies. I Found My Third Love!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, Ladies. I Found My Third Love!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I hate shopping for a bra. You fill your cart with bras that should fit, and head hopefully for the dressing room. You have every cut, a few sizes, every manufacturer. And nothing is right.

I rotate between two bras, and I wear them until they are catastrophically bad. I was on a Zoom this week, and I could clearly see the outline of the top of my bra gaping open under my shirt.

Well, my daughters turned me on to online retailer Third Love. You tell them your size and how your current bra fits and how old it is. They tell you what size you should buy and recommend a few styles. And they have half-sizes!

I bought two in the recommended size for me: 34C 1/2. I just wanted something basic. They just arrived, and I am delighted. The one I got is comfy, and it's supportive without look it should be a harness for a St. Bernard. Got one in black and one in the dark brown, but I may go back and order this little beauty too:

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I’ll take a look. I found some bras that I like but they have a scratchy part st the clasp (which ought to be punished with jail time). I ended up taping moleskin over the scratchy part, because that’s fancy… Roll Eyes

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I just bought a couple of 7 packs of the underwear I like.

I'm often amazed by the trials and tribulations MrsTuner goes through to find things to fit - and how much they cost!?!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yes, the price of bras is ridiculous! That's another nice thing about the site Cindy mentioned, it seems like it won't break the bank.

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
They don't carry my size....

Apparently if you have a larger ribcage, you apparently are also expected to have massive boobs. I do not.

I keep checking all these sites, but my best option remains old school brands that are sold in department stores.

The struggle is real.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Third Love! Sadly I don’t order from them anymore because shipping to Canada is ridiculous, but I loved the bras I got from them in the past. The t shirt bra was wonderful. I have the opposite problem to Nina - small rib cage but larger cup size so department stores are more miss than hit. Thankfully, a well known Canadian bra manufacturer (Wacoal) took some pointers from Third Love’s model and now their online selection is amazing and shipping is reasonable. They are a bit (but not much) more than Third Love but have good sales and cheaper once I factor in shipping.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Just ordered. We’ll see.

My favorite bras were discontinued about 10 years ago. Still wearing them. (Wacoal) They brought it back but in fabric I don’t like.

Fingers crossed!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I have narrow shoulders, so I have spent forty-five years pulling up straps that have slipped off of them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think my shoulders are that far from the norm. But since I've never found a non-racerback (and you can't wear a racerback all the time) with straps that reliably stay put, no matter how I adjust them, I've gotta put up with what's out there or go braless, which I'm just not ready to do.

Grumblegrumblegrumble...

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wacoal

I pretty sure Wacoal is a super popular brand in Japan as well, but I don't want to google bc I already get enough of a weird selection of unwelcomed ads as it is...

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected, Shiro! It is Japanese, but apparently they have a Canadian arm and distribution centre, as well as one in the US.

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My daughter said the Third Love bras I got are still not the right size. She said C 1/2 is not quite big enough because I was coming out of the top a tiny amount.

So I am sending those back and will try 32 D and 34 D. I remember a Nordstroms salesperson told me years ago that D cups from the same manufacturer and style will be different sizes. In my experience, was right, and I get 32Ds whenever I can. But they are very hard to find.

I was at Soma today, so I made myself try one of their bras. Terrible. The fabric wasn't as comfortable as the Third Love. The price was lower, but I'm not looking for a bargain here. It needs to feel right.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
This thread reminds me of a shop I walked past a few years back. I no longer remember the name of the shop, but I remember the concept: bespoke bra.

Suites and dresses can be custom tailored, why not bras too? Want the perfect fit with the material and design of your choice, get measured and pick your preferred material and design.

Maybe google “bespoke bar” and see if there is a shop providing that type of service/product in your area?

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I will not wear one of those torture devices.

Breasts want to be free!

Closest I will get--under duress--is to wear a camisole, or one of those light weight thingies that is all one piece and slips over your head.

National Geographic is my style and I'm stickin' to it. Woot

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
My daughter said the Third Love bras I got are still not the right size. She said C 1/2 is not quite big enough because I was coming out of the top a tiny amount.

So I am sending those back and will try 32 D and 34 D. I remember a Nordstroms salesperson told me years ago that D cups from the same manufacturer and style will be different sizes. In my experience, was right, and I get 32Ds whenever I can. But they are very hard to find.

I was at Soma today, so I made myself try one of their bras. Terrible. The fabric wasn't as comfortable as the Third Love. The price was lower, but I'm not looking for a bargain here. It needs to feel right.

I recommend this bra size Reddit to everyone who needs to buy bras. SO HELPFUL in determining the best size but also style to fit your breast shape. https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraT...iki/beginners_guide/

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Interesting -- Wacoal is the brand that I generally find to be the best for me as well.

One thing I am not ever doing again is wearing an underwire. I don't think. Ask me again in about six months as I see how well the ones I got are lasting.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post