well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The WTF Mueller Report Date Pool
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Mueller Report Date Pool
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
They had no problem releasing the Clinton report.

I know the statute changed at some point. Wasn't that in 1999, after the Whitewater investigation?

quote:
the law had five-year sunset provisions and was ultimately allowed to expire in 1999, according to the Congressional Research Service.

The 1978 law wasn’t continually in effect through 1999. It was allowed to expire in 1992, but was reauthorized in 1994 over concerns about the Whitewater scandal. Attorney General Janet Reno had already appointed under her own authority a "special counsel" with powers similar under the prior law, according to the Congressional Research Service, but once the law was renewed she asked a panel of judges to reappoint the special counsel in the investigation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...gate-era-law-n761311

So, unless you have different information, the Whitewater independent counsel was under a different statute than Mueller's appointment.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I believe Pique is the winner of the first part of the pool with her guess of March 31 for the report release date. I thought I had it at April 1, but she beat me by a day.

Congratulations! Does this mean that you're the next decorator of the month?

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
We have to wait for the public release date. I’m still in the hunt . . . .

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm out of it. Pique guessed the same day as me for the public release and she's beat me by a day on the release to Congress. So close, but so far...

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Still in the hunt, public release date. Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I believe Pique is the winner of the first part of the pool with her guess of March 31 for the report release date. I thought I had it at April 1, but she beat me by a day.

Congratulations! Does this mean that you're the next decorator of the month?

ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21343 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Attorney General William Barr has created public distrust about whether the Justice Department is committed to sharing as much as possible about the Russia probe's findings, a federal judge said on Tuesday.

“The attorney general has created an environment that has caused a significant part of the public … to be concerned about whether or not there is full transparency,” U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton said during a hearing Tuesday afternoon on a Freedom of Information Act suit demanding access to a report detailing the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller.

Walton, an appointee of President George W. Bush, did not elaborate on what actions or statements by the attorney general have generated those perceptions.

https://www.politico.com/story...rust-mueller-1278030

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's out. This will start a very interesting few days. QOTD (so far):

quote:
In May 2017, then Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Trump that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein had just appointed Mueller as special counsel. Trump slumped back in his chair, according to notes from Jody Hunt, Sessions’s chief of staff. “Oh my God, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f****d.”

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Doesn't Trump himself get indicted? I'm going to say March 31 for the release of the report. April 15 for release to the public.

It's three days late. Did I win?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21343 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm well through the obstruction section; will go back to the Russia section.

So far, one thing stands out: I'm deeply disappointed in Barr.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
and now all eyes turn to the SDNY.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
and now all eyes turn to the SDNY.

Doesn't that office have to go through the DOJ and Barr?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The president’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”

Yes, but as he fires the grown-ups or they choose to leave, will the people surrounding the president continue to decline? In the case of Barr, my confidence is low.