well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This is not the path to success for the Dems
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is not the path to success for the Dems
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Freshman Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib is not apologizing for profane comments she made Thursday about impeaching President Donald Trump.

Tlaib, who was sworn in as Michigan's representative from the 13th Congressional District on Thursday, was speaking at an event for progressive advocacy group MoveOn.org when she relayed a conversation with her son to the crowd: "And when your son looks at you and says, 'Momma, look you won, bullies don’t win,' and I said, 'Baby they don't,' because we’re gonna go in and impeach the motherf-----."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...nt/story?id=60153668

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Not a good look.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The Dems are not new to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It would seem both parties are quite adept at it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would seem both parties are quite adept at it.

Indeed.

Back to the OP.... I don't know when it became ok (in some people's opinion) to swear like this, but it really needs to stop. Is a strong belief against swearing in public or in professional contexts a generational thing? Although, I'm not that much older than Rashida Tlaib, but I think it is never appropriate to swear when you're on the job or acting in a professional capacity.

It seems like the number of people who agree with that idea is decreasing pretty quickly though. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18504 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
These new folks are just feeling their oats, so to speak. The more intelligent ones may learn how to curb their worst instincts in order to get things done. Ocasio-Cortez, for instance, voted for Pelosi and didn't seem to worry about losing her more woke supporters. The dumber ones and/or the ones who depend on a hard left base (sort of like GOP asshats who depend on Falwell's ignorant crowd) will continue to spew. They'll be a continual headache to the leadership. Welcome to politics.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The issue of things Democrats cannot do or say reminds me of the discussions of what men can do or say that women cannot, and vice versa.

If any Democrat had said that they knew more than the generals, they'd have been roasted alive. But when a Republican says it, there are no consequences. It's totally unfair, but it's just the way it is.

Moderates will not like that language coming from Democrats, and will not care when it comes from Republicans.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It's even worse. It's the freakin' hypocrites who are cheering on Individual 1 for "saying what everyone is thinking but is afraid to say", like the press is the enemy of the people, lock her up, Mexicans are criminals and rapists, and on and on and on. But as soon as someone else says out loud what people are thinking, it's awful, horrible, unacceptable, uncongresscritterlike.

Freakin' hypocrites.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
It's even worse. It's the freakin' hypocrites who are cheering on Individual 1 for "saying what everyone is thinking but is afraid to say", like the press is the enemy of the people, lock her up, Mexicans are criminals and rapists, and on and on and on. But as soon as someone else says out loud what people are thinking, it's awful, horrible, unacceptable, uncongresscritterlike.

Freakin' hypocrites.

This.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Freakin' hypocrites.

Yes, yes yes.

Overton window - if the Dems continue to be 'rational' and stick to being 'grown ups' and only push for the middle ground, the conversation will continue drifting farther and farther to the Trumpublican side. We need the Bernies and others on the far left to continue to say things to push the conversation back so that the middle ground and normal liberal statements sound reasonable...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'll just steal Chris Cillizza's words:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04...ald-trump/index.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
I'll just steal Chris Cillizza's words:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04...ald-trump/index.html

Unoriginal.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Freakin' hypocrites.

The problem with charges of hypocrisy in politics, in general, is that the equal and opposite charge is usually true also. If party A said x a year ago and says !x today, it’s usually the case that party B was saying !x last year and is saying x today.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I want to know how many Republicans in the House used a curse word while in public, as here, in 2018, and I want names.

I'm waiting.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
quote:

Freakin' hypocrites.

Yes, yes yes.

Overton window - if the Dems continue to be 'rational' and stick to being 'grown ups' and only push for the middle ground, the conversation will continue drifting farther and farther to the Trumpublican side. We need the Bernies and others on the far left to continue to say things to push the conversation back so that the middle ground and normal liberal statements sound reasonable...

Not sure I agree 100%, but you make a good point.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post