well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Colorado Peak May 8 to September 14

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Peak May 8 to September 14
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Not as projectied

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We're hearing the same sort of thing from the governor of Illinois.

I think the IHME model got a lot of attention because it was featured in a federal briefing last week.

There are tons of models out there, including state specific ones, and they can differ widely in the results. I think I heard that the IHME data may not include private testing, but don't quote me on that.

I'm relying on what our governor and his public health people are saying. I think they're in the best position to know and have direct access to the data that's relevant to our state.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37780 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I heard that the IHME data may not include private testing, but don't quote me on that.

Our state includes private testing in its numbers, but it just recently put out information that includes actual confirmed positive tests and estimated positive cases without tests. So the number for our state is just over 2000 right now, but the public health dept. puts the estimated number at over 15,000. That's the first time I've seen this kind of data for our state, I really hope it gets some press, because people need to be a little more scared down here than they currently are!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18326 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm skeptical of models that call for a peak in this time frame if I'm being perfectly frank.

Posts: 24646 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post