well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    J&J vaccine
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

J&J vaccine
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Add to that the people who have actually had the virus. That could be a pretty big number.

Although that would involve some double-counting. I know at least one person who has both had COVID and has since had a vaccination. (Although she was advised not to get the second shot until her antibodies went down.)

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was thinking in terms of the total number of people with some level of immunity, either naturally acquired or via vaccination. My gut feel is that we're really getting up there.

Of course we don't know how to define immunity and we don't know how long it lasts....

So I guess we really don't know very much at all.

Big Grin

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
While there’s definitely A number of people counted as both already infected and vaccinated, at least locally, I don’t think that’s a huge number.

At least locally, the overwhelming majority of the people vaccinated early are over 65 years old, and a very high percentage of the actual infections are under 40 years old.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are over 70, and have had 2 shots of the Moderna vaccine.

Today we had the remarkable experience of going to a coffeehouse and eating and drinking INDOORS for the first time in about a year. What a thrill.

Of course we are still masked when not actively eating or drinking.

It just feels so good not to be locked down in the house.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
My wife and I are over 70, and have had 2 shots of the Moderna vaccine.

Today we had the remarkable experience of going to a coffeehouse and eating and drinking INDOORS for the first time in about a year. What a thrill.

Of course we are still masked when not actively eating or drinking.

It just feels so good not to be locked down in the house.

Amen to that. Once I get my second shot, it will feel good to able to do that. And it'll feel even better once Mary Anna is vaccinated and can join me.

And I'm with you on the masking.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
This is a fact that I like a lot:

quote:
No one who got two doses in clinical trials for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines has been hospitalized or died, and the same holds true for the new vaccines from Johnson & Johnson, Oxford/AstraZeneca, and Novavax (which haven’t yet been approved in the US).

https://www.vox.com/22273502/c...neca-efficacy-deaths

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sorry, NYT....article on when the US might reach herd immunity....

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...Links&pgtype=Article

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post