well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anonymous is coming forward

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anonymous is coming forward
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Tonight on Chris Cuomo's show on CNN.

popcorn

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Don't have to wait. It is Miles Taylor, former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security.

quote:
Trump sees personal criticism as subversive.

I take a different view. As Theodore Roosevelt wrote, "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else."
We do not owe the President our silence. We owe him and the American people the truth.

Make no mistake: I am a Republican, and I wanted this President to succeed. But too often in times of crisis, Donald Trump has proven he is a man without character, and his personal defects have resulted in leadership failures so significant that they can be measured in lost American lives. I witnessed Trump's inability to do his job over the course of two-and-a-half years inside the Administration. Everyone saw it, though most were hesitant to speak up for fear of reprisals.

So when I left the Administration, I wrote A Warning, a character study of the current Commander in Chief and a caution to voters that it wasn't as bad as it looked inside the Trump Administration — it was worse. While I claim sole authorship of the work, the sentiments expressed within it were widely held among officials at the highest levels of the federal government. In other words, Trump's own lieutenants were alarmed by his instability.

auto start video:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28...statement/index.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yawn. Another 20 minutes of the news cycle.

Posts: 12528 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Yawn. Another 20 minutes of the news cycle.

Isn’t that sad? At any other time this would be a big deal.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Wish it had come sooner so it night have had more influence on the Election.

But then again, the papers are so full of tell-all Trump un exposés now, it might have just disappeared into the woodwork.

(...Trying to think of a source whose exposé might make a major difference even now. PENCE!? Ivanka? Maybe if it focused on child molestation.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post