well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
How about that. Listed on Friday, sold with a full price offer 15 minutes ago. No contingencies.

The only wild card is appraisal but with 30% down it shouldn't be an issue.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34839 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
The hoarder house???? wow!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18323 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
The hoarder house???? wow!

Yes.

And now, of course, Mrs. Miller is worried that they listed it too low. Smiler

Posts: 34839 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's amazing, Steve.

So getting back to *your* house hunt....did you look at the one I posted a few pages ago?

http://well-temperedforum.grou...293910597#3293910597

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37779 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
That's amazing, Steve.

So getting back to *your* house hunt....did you look at the one I posted a few pages ago?

http://well-temperedforum.grou...293910597#3293910597

Yes. It's a nice house but both the house and yard are too big and all the bedrooms are upstairs.

OTOH, I really like the barn. ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mrs. Miller is worried that they listed it too low.

Well, I can understand that. But at the same time, it's pretty much unknowable.... You might have listed it for a higher price and then watched it sit there for a year (as opposed to the current buyer coming and giving you a lower offer).

So tell her she can just be glad the whole thing is (almost) done!

Posts: 18323 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Needs tons of updating and I can't figure out the floor plan.

Already has a generator!

https://www.realtor.com/reales...H_44001_M30761-27479

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37779 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmm, that one seems nice. I think the person taking the photos didn't do a good job though...

Also, I wouldn't say "tons" of updates (from what I could tell) just get rid of some of the carpet and wallpaper. Right?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon likes that house. I'm having a hard time warming up to it although it ticks all the boxes.

It's on the list to see on Friday.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I forgot you're going over there! So exciting!!!

/vicarious home shopping!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
it ticks all the boxes.

Including plastic plants!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
it ticks all the boxes.

Including plastic plants!
m

Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Kind of an oddball. I like all the garages. Kitchen is a mess. Square footage can’t be right.

Warblers Lane.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I agree, square footage has to be wrong.

Reminds me a lot of the boring house. edit: Which, by the way, is under contract.

And somehow I just don't see you living in a house that has a white plastic fence.

Did you see that weird i-beam in the basement? Just kind of stops in the middle of the room....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Also a strange neighborhood. Look at the map on realtor.com.

On the plus side, if you needed it, the dialysis center is just down the street a few blocks.

Bazootiehead-in-training