well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If you Google 3890 Edgewater Drive, Vermilion, you can see what the house looked like before it was remodeled. The biggest change was when the guy who bought it excavated a bunch of dirt to create the walk out basement, and built the seawall to replace what had been a steep cliff.

That guy sold it to the people who own it now, and they gutted the house back to the studs, rewired and re plumbed it, built the garage on the front and the deck on the back. It also got a new roof at that time along with a new high-efficiency HVAC system.

Here is the front. Pretty plain, and I'll have to do some landscaping, but not right away. The grass is very green because the whole property has sprinklers - the first I've seen in Ohio. From what Jodi says they'll be a lot of work to maintain, but I don't really have to use them as most people don't have them at all.

There is room on the side to store the trailer:

I don't have great pictures of the living/dining room. It's pretty much one big space:

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
5 bedroooms, 3 up and 2 down:

This one is downstairs. The ceiling is lower than I'd like but you can't have everything:

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Basement has a wet bar, laundry (not my favorite location), bath, storage and a living area:

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, it may not be the best place for launching a kayak.
It could be done on mild days.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And the yard.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Wow that looks amazing. I assume the blue garage to the right in the photo isn't yours? The only thing I question is where you store all the outdoor furniture that's down on the lakeside terrace in the winter/during storms because I don't see a garage. Possibly that's a corner of a shed I see just to the left of the house (though maybe it's just a gate in the fence??)? Anyhow, that looks awesome and I can't wait to see more photos!

There is a garage and a shed, along with room for another shed.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Baths:

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, Steve!!! Just WOW!

Also, I didn't understand anything of what you wrote re why renting suave

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Wow, Steve!!! Just WOW!

What SK said!!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

And a big bowl of bud?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Nah, your grandkids would never want to leave. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Wow! You could AirBnb the crap out of that place - bet you could get $500/night easy. Is that what you are thinking of for rental? Bummer you can't move in immediately....I would be most sad about that. Can you rent it to your kids....and then, you know, live there????

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Wow! You could AirBnb the crap out of that place - bet you could get $500/night easy. Is that what you are thinking of for rental? Bummer you can't move in immediately....I would be most sad about that. Can you rent it to your kids....and then, you know, live there????

We've talked about all of those things. Air BnB would work for the summer, but I doubt the rental market is hot in the winter. If the long term rental doesn't pan out then we may go that route.

The "rent to kids" thing has been suggested but I really don't want a tangle with the IRS.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Nah, your grandkids would never want to leave. Smiler

According to my wife that's the whole idea. Cool

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Spectacular house and grounds. We’d all come visit.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post