well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Steve! What an adventure!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We made an offer. HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

That has got to be nerve-wracking in this market!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. so the video tour went well? Any more details to share?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Hope you can add a little color to the insides…

Mrs. Miller is on the job!

ThumbsUp

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Video tour went well but there were a couple of surprises.

The interior of the house looks great in the pictures but it will have to be painted. Maybe not the ceiling, but certainly everything else. Mrs. Miller is OK with this as she wants to use more colors. It could be cleaner, but that's an easy fix. Neither one of use like the gray backsplash with the countertop - also an easy fix. Ceilings are very high even in the bedrooms. 10'? Nice.

The basement is not fully finished like the listing says. It's only half finished, and as one big room. I think it's fine that way but was expecting a lot more finished space. Upside is that there is rough-in plumbing for a basement bathroom already in place, which was something I wanted. The basement ceiling is also some 10' above the floor, which is not common. There is no musty smell and no evidence of water intrusion. With the number of record breaking storms they've had this month I was pretty happy to see this.

The garage is as tight as I feared but very tall (13'?) with a finished ceiling. Plenty of room to build storage up high. There is a heater in the garage which might be nice if it gets really cold.

We tweaked the price a bit to pay for the paint and offered everything else they wanted. Even at list price it looks like a good deal so we may be doing some haggling.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Sounds good all in all!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Our offer was accepted. Looks like we’re moving! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Good,for you!

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Our offer was accepted. Looks like we’re moving! ThumbsUp

happydance happydance happydance

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Inspection next?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Our counter to their counter was accepted. Escrow opens tomorrow.

Inspection Friday. We’re using the same company that inspected the lake house. They were excellent!

One showing on this house done and six more scheduled between now and Friday. Open house this weekend. Thank goodness I won’t be here - I don’t have many more places to take the dog.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Steve! Out house has super tall ceilings, garage included, I really like that, it makes the house feel much bigger than it is, and allows for a lot of storage in the garage (but my truck doesn’t fit in there either).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We have both Sea Salt (gorgeous) and Accessible Beige (not as happy with that) in our house. Honestly, unless you need the yellow cast I would swap out AB for Agreeable Gray. Nice light warm gray. I find the AB a bit depressing.

But the house looks great, and needs essentially nothing but paint.

To assess the sales history I would look at what she paid for it in 2019 and how much it went up since then. That could be a big factor in her decision.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post