well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
The "could you fit any more furniture in this house" house

edit: What the heck is that drop leaf table doing in the middle of the kitchen? Doesn't make it an eat-in kitchen.

Plus there's more stored in the basement...

I think that's supposed to be an island. Yikes!

Those foundation walls look damp. Bet it smells lovely down there.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
"Doesn't look like a ranch but I think it is" house. Comes with its own basketball court. And it's fenced....

I kinda like this one. Some interesting drapery and wallpaper choices that would have to go immediately though, LOL. How busy is Route 2 - if it's a big highway, I'd assess the noise level. But otherwise, I like the finished basement, the yard, the office space.....all in all, looks promising!

ETA - I see Route 2 is also I90, so probably pretty loud. But it's pretty far back from the highway so it might not be that bad.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hadn't tried the Noise feature on realtor.com. It shows you where the noise is coming from using color coded highlights.

Seems to be the expressway and another nearby road. Says it's low local and low airport noise.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

ROTFLMAO

Also, "dollies and dried flowers and wreathes, oh my!"

Also also, that wastepaper basket really does not fit the decor theme...

Big Grin

I could only think about all the stubbed toes that I would get while trying to quietly slip out of bed and to the bathroom at 3am....

Maybe they sell furniture on ebay?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The more I look at that house, the more I find.

They have pictures hanging from the knobs on the furniture.

And other pieces of furniture standing in front of doors.

Eeker

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have pictures hanging from the knobs on the furniture.

ROTFLMAO

I counted chairs (not sofas, just chairs and rocking chairs) ... 19. That seems like an awful lot of chairs...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Funny what people notice.

For me it was all the electric cords. Some right out in the middle of the floor. The nest of wires in the master look like a fire hazard to me.

And why the heck is there one extension cord snaking all the way across the basement floor? Is there no outlet on the other side? And what is it hooked up to? I sure hope it is not a sump pump! Eeker

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I bet you that house will take longer to sell, and sell for less, because of all the stuff in it. It's a total turn off.

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I was struck by how much bigger houses can be at lower price points in areas where basements are possible. (I've never owned or lived in a house with a basement.)

The exterior of that house looks very much like the very modest home I bought when I moved to Oklahoma and am now using as a rental property. The first floor layout is similar and the finishes are maybe one cut above. Maybe. But it's twice the size, according to the square footage!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We have a complete finished basement here at Chez Nina and it doesn't count in the official square footage for the house. This despite the fact that it's about 1/3 of our total livable space, has a bedroom, sitting room, bathroom, laundry hookup, yada yada. We've toyed with turning it into a basement suite (would need to add a stove and its own heat/cooling + thermostat) but decided against it.

However, our garage is included in the total square footage. Go figure. It makes comparables interesting....

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Our basement is also not included in the "official" square footage either. But when our house was appraised, the appraiser include very detailed descriptions of the basement (sq ft of finished side, windows, walk-out etc.) and noted that a nearby comp which appraised lower doesn't have a basement. So the fact that the basement includes actual living space was accounted for in our appraisal.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Dated but has some nice features. I like the landscaping - just natural woods.

edit: Really is hard to imagine the house when it's photographed vacant.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...H_44089_M40256-79652

I think it might be overpriced for the condition of the decor, but who knows? This market seems pretty hot.

edit2:: There's no way this was built in 1979. And the turnpike isn't that far away....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Another somewhat boring house but the lot is lovely. Lake access if you join a private deeded association.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...H_44012_M43317-68591

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
re the one on Cliffside, I don't like the photos, it's like... what's the opposite of a wide-angle lens, something that makes everything look like it's in a tunnel. But it could be nice, with new paint inside??
Also the house has too much roof for me.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I like the Herrmann Dr. one a lot more. I guess it might be "boring" but it looks move-in ready and seems like it would be very easy to decorate.