well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like that tree a lot!

I also like the flowering tree next to the back deck. Cherry?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A little hard to tell what the pink flowering tree is. My first guess is magnolia (partially because of the structure of the tree), and my second is crabapple. I tried zooming in on the flowers and bark but there's not enough detail.

I think the tree to the right is a redbud.

I liked this house. Landscaping was nice and woodsy without being total woodsy like Dean Road. Decent floor plan, cosmetic updates. It's pretty big.

But Dean Road is still my top contender.

I do think I'd bargain on this Edison Estates one though, if you decide to go for it. Been on the market for almost 6 months and based on other homes you've posted, I think it's priced a bit high for the market.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at this one? No first floor bedroom but maybe the office could be converted if the need arose.

Not sure if there's a full bath on the first floor, or just a powder room (edit: mr wtg noticed a shower curtain in what I thought might be a first floor powder room)...sunroom is a nice bonus...multiple outdoor sitting.

Big, though.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...H_44001_M38981-47373

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Love the mudroom in this one! The sun room is nice, too. This house has lots going for it.

quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Have you looked at this one? No first floor bedroom but maybe the office could be converted if the need arose.

Not sure if there's a full bath on the first floor, or just a powder room (edit: mr wtg noticed a shower curtain in what I thought might be a first floor powder room)...sunroom is a nice bonus...multiple outdoor sitting.

Big, though.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...H_44001_M38981-47373

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just noticed the detached garage structure in the back. Maybe a workshop, too?

Here's the satellite view so you can see the neighborhood:

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...540259!4d-82.3309037

There's a campground a bit to the east; not sure how far away it is. Vermilion River to the north, turnpike to the south.

The Vermilion Valley Vineyards are just south of the turnpike!

And....it's just on the other side of the woods from the Dean Road house..... Big Grin

edit: And here's the street view of the approach from the south. The house is set back from the bend in the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/@4...Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

And I think this is looking back after you've rounded the bend (as it were)....I think you can see the house set well back in the lot and down Grand Oak Dr.

https://www.google.com/maps/@4...Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

From either of those last two links, you can google drive down Portman Road to the east. There's another development, and then the campground. You can drive down the street and camp!

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And....it's just on the other side of the woods from the Dean Road house..... Big Grin

Big Grin

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Plenty of room for the piano.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

This is me.

ThumbsUp

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We listed thge hoarder house for sale on Friday. Here is what it looks like since we cleaned it up. We were going to do more but decided to sell as-is to take advantage of this market.

Living room:

Family Room:

Baths:

First kitchen:

Second kitchen:

Master Bedroom. That's the last of the art glass lamps. No one seems to want it for some reason.

The intercom is a nice touch. Hasn't worked in decades.

Rumor hazzit we have an offer coming in on Wednesday.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! It's on the internet. The Realtor's pictures are better than mine:

1240 E. Madison

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And oh my that price for a fixer upper!!! Eeker

It really is a blank slate. Cannot wait to see what becomes of it....Will this be a flip ya think?

quote:
Ha! It's on the internet. The Realtor's pictures are better than mine:

1240 E. Madison

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes. On a bunch of fronts.

That back door from the bathroom is a hoot.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Holy smokes. On a bunch of fronts.

That back door from the bathroom is a hoot.

It's set up for a pool. Perfect for that.

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
We listed thge hoarder house for sale on Friday. Here is what it looks like since we cleaned it up. We were going to do more but decided to sell as-is to take advantage of this market.

L.

I have what looks like that identical secretary desk/hutch sitting in my living room. Before you make fun of my taste, I’ve hung onto it since it dates back to my mother doing homework at it as a little girl.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Would you like another one to make a pair?

Doesn't seem to be much demand for it or the Haviland china it's filled with.