well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    BACH: Toccata and Fugue, BWV 565 on Classical Guitar.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BACH: Toccata and Fugue, BWV 565 on Classical Guitar.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
Keep watching it. It gets better and better.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Love it, and very much impressed!
As far as transcription goes, it’s like Liszt transcribed Beethoven’s symphonies for solo piano — he preserved all the essence of the original and still makes it sound very natural for the instrument for all its virtuosity.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Wow. Remarkable.

You learning that for the next get-together Mark?

You do that and I'll play the Taussig transcription for piano. (yeah right!)

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
lol jon. I mean, it would be noble pursuit.

I have actually gone a different direction lately, connecting with the likes of the old singer song-writers like Simon & Garfunkle, Crosy Still, Nash, Neil Young, etc. I still practice the classical and the more complex finger picking pieces but, I have branched out. I am trying to develop a decent, acceptable singing voice to accompany myself.

At our family reunion last fall, my oldest daughter and I both played the guitar, and did some singing. both solo and as a duet. It was a great time.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous!!

I love how the guitar's voice makes it sometimes sound very much like Spanish guitar, despite my familiarity with the original, which I would have never said sounded Spanish played on an organ...
WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18295 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post