well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Oleander? Ben Carson says it relieved him within hours

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9293991597

21 November 2020, 02:34 PM
Amanda
Oleander? Ben Carson says it relieved him within hours
I'm sure his "compassionate use" approval for the monoclonal antibody treatment had more to do with his recovery from COVID, but all the same this as yet officially unapproved herbal treatment bears examination.

If I were afflicted, I admit I'd examine this alternate medical treatment especially since I doubt I'd qualify for the VIP treatment the Trump crew have been getting.

Hard to tell, of course, since the manufacturer is partly underwritten by a GOP staffer. Shrug

Oleander herbal supplement reportedy relieved Ben Carson

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

21 November 2020, 02:38 PM
wtg
I don't think I'd even consider it. Unless something has changed recently, it's still in the category of snake oil.

wtg - who almost *always* considers a non-conventional approach first. That oughta tell you something....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

21 November 2020, 03:26 PM
CHAS
Oleander is toxic in some way. Bob's back yard is ringed with it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

21 November 2020, 03:55 PM
piqué
Oleander is highly poisonous

fear is the thief of dreams

21 November 2020, 03:58 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Oleander is highly poisonous

So are many things that if processed in the right way are medically very beneficial. Having said that, at present I would put this "remedy" in the snake oil category.
21 November 2020, 04:02 PM
pianojuggler
Soon they're going to be in bloom up in Annandale.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

21 November 2020, 04:11 PM
Amanda
Somehow I suspect Carson may be engaged in a partnership for its off-label use treating COVID, along with Mike Lindell, who introduced it to him. Note, Lindell, also served as President Trump's Minnesota campaign chairman where he scored such a resounding success as we all know.

Ever since this former neuro-surgeon has been in Trump's cabinet (now chairing the Urban and Housing Dept.), I have lost whatever respect I once had for him. That was not nothing, having read his rags to riches tale of becoming a neurosurgeon (although later reading suggested he specialized in high-risk operations to enhance his reputation even though the patients often died).

So, I guess upon reflection, I'm contradicting my original enthusiasm. He has shown himself a full-fledged member of the Church of Self-Enrichment*, like his mentor.

*He formally follows the Church of 7th Day Adventist FWIW.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

21 November 2020, 05:48 PM
Nina
Oleander is toxic as hell. Unbefreakinglievable that he would say it helped him.

Oleander derivatives do have some medicinal benefits, but do you think that's going to stop people from going out and chomping down a few leaves?

quote:
The Washington Post reports Carson, a former neurosurgeon, said he took the extract after it was recommended by Mike Lindell. Lindell, who also served as President Trump's Minnesota campaign chairman, has a financial stake in the company that makes the extract, the Post notes.

Gee, sounds like exactly the kind of guy I'd want to get medical advice from.
22 November 2020, 09:26 PM
Steve Miller
The first thing you teach kids in CA is that oleander is poisonous. Kills dogs, people, cats, you name it.

Even if he was talking about derivatives his statement is indefensible.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

22 November 2020, 09:34 PM
Piano*Dad
Burn it while clearing brush and ... the smoke can do bad stuff.