well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Election results
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election results
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It’s 5:30 PM Eastern time. Local polls won’t close for 1 1/2 hours. Most of the country hasn’t gotten off work.

No Matter - ABC news is calling it a Republican landslide. A LANDSLIDE!

Jesus. I’m not going to able to watch this.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore says we’ll be surprised.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Surprised how?

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I would like to be "surprised-good"

Please and thank you.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Surprised how?

https://www.theguardian.com/us...in-midterm-interview

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore’s Tsunami of Truth

Trying to copy a link…maybe wtg’s Guardian article will work better.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I cannot recall Michael Moore being correct about any elections in recent years.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
I cannot recall Michael Moore being correct about any elections in recent years.

Well, he did predict Trump would win in 2016 and everybody was aghast.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
IL governor Pritzker was dipping his toes in the waters of a presidential run with his victory speech tonight.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Fetter man is outperforming 2020 Biden in every county fully reporting so far.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

And he was wrong about this one too.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Much better than I expected. Democrats may even pick up a Senate seat.

Trump sorta owns the GP underperformance, most of his hand-picked whackjobs and grifters lost. I wonder if this gives momentum to DeSantis.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Happy that we kept our Governor for another 4 years.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
1) Bye bye Lauren Boebert.

2) Who the F*** voted to re-elect MTG????

3) Thank you Pennsylvania for restoring my faith in humanity. Just barely, but you did it.

4) I wonder how long it will take Oz to divest himself of his PA "residence" now. I heard there's a clause in his purchase contract that in the event he did not win the election, the church he bought it has to to buy it back from him at the original sales price. Which in this slowing real estate market is no doubt a smoking good deal for Oz. So one last grift on his way out the door, I guess. Oh well - grifting a church is just icing on the cake and good riddance either way.

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Much better than I expected. Democrats may even pick up a Senate seat.

Trump sorta owns the GP underperformance, most of his hand-picked whackjobs and grifters lost. I wonder if this gives momentum to DeSantis.

I kinda feel like the Supreme Court takes a large part of the responsibility here. In any normal year, with gas prices and inflation the way they are, this would have been a runaway election for the Republicans. But the overturning of Roe v Wade pissed off a LOT of people and, at least in my area, turned even a lot of lifelong republican voters to the dems for this election. A party that pretends to be all about freedom and liberty while simultaneously working its ass off to take away fundamental freedoms away from 50% of the population doesn't philsophically fly as well as they'd like to think it does.

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post