well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The magic of long walks

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The magic of long walks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Walking is medicine — it cures anxiety, sparks inspiration, and brings us back to ourselves

https://humanparts.medium.com/...ur-life-59297e955a49

Mr WTG and I had a bit of a rough year last year. My mom passed away, I got Lyme disease, and on his way to a hip replacement he was diagnosed with bladder cancer.

I am not a treadmill/health club kind of person, but knew I needed to start doing some regular activity that was not only exercise, but potentially meditative. I decided that a daily walk is right up my alley.

I started late last year and have managed to continue through the relatively mild winter. While I'm just walking in a suburban neighborhood and not out in the woods, I still feel my energy recharge when I'm out, just walking. No watches or fitbits or checking my pulse. Just walking.

Walking is the best medicine.

Yes

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes. I need to get back to it. Glad it is helping you.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
One of the main reasons we moved downtown close to the lakefront. (well, that and liking the number of places to eat out every day...)

Even though we COULD walk in the suburbs, we get way more walking here. 15 minutes to the Art Institute or symphony center, 10 minutes out to the water, and a shorter walk to trains to other parts of the city to explore!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post