well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Thoughts on, experiences with the keto diet?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on, experiences with the keto diet?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

I'll find out in a couple of weeks whether my blood chemistry is improving. My cholesterol and triglycerides were high but not terrifying, so I'm most interested in seeing if my borderline blood sugar and A1C came down.

I'd be very interested in hearing what happens to your lipids (assuming you are still consuming increased fats, including saturated).

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I am a firm believer that different people respond differently to different kinds of diets.

Keto works for me, although I don’t enjoy living that way. (I mostly live on eggs and cheese.). I’m down 33 pounds in the last 12 months.

Beware MCT oil. My doctor ... the one who insists I go keto ... says most MCT oil on the market isn’t purified and can be bad for you.

Oh, and as a result of the diet (and, more likely, meds), my cholesterol has dropped from 330 to 120, and my triglycerides from 280 to 106.

So you're taking statins (which)?

I'd have been more heartened by your lipids on keto otherwise.

Have you had any side effects from the statins?
WTG's last link scared me. The long-term effects of keto.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post