well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tonneau covers? (For the truck people)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonneau covers? (For the truck people)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Specifically - I need one that either folds or rolls open enough to be able to stay on the (8 foot) bed when I use the gooseneck horse trailer. Trying to figure out what to get.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at them too.

I think I like the ones that fold back like blocks, although they do block the back window when they're open. The smooth sliding ones don't have that issue but I wonder how well they slide in freezing weather or if debris gets in the track.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
The cheapest roll up one I looked at isn’t in a track (truxedo Lopro), it’s Velcro - so just rolls up on top - mostly I’m looking for one that is protection for the bed from snow, and protection from the elements for anything we haul in there, but not worried about security.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
The cheapest roll up one I looked at isn’t in a track (truxedo Lopro), it’s Velcro - so just rolls up on top - mostly I’m looking for one that is protection for the bed from snow, and protection from the elements for anything we haul in there, but not worried about security.

I wonder if that type is strong enough to take the load of snow collecting on it.

[edit] Amazon reviews say snow loading is not a problem, including 1 guy in MN. He should know...

I like the price and may get one myself. The folding one I looked at was some $900.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
My truck came with a high end folding one. Piece of garbage IMO. I much prefer a topper. So I guess I'll never be buying a gooseneck trailer.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post