well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We’re hosting thanksgiving!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We’re hosting thanksgiving!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
We have invited three post-docs from Japan, a Japanese grad student and then two friends (one of whom is violin-friend).

We’re doing turkey, stuffing, green beans, violin-friend is bringing potatoes... and there are a few other things that will be on the table.

We’ll eat, then violin friend and I will play, and then pie!! Yay!

Last year at this time, we had given notice on our rental, but then were fighting with the seller about various details and were not sure if we were going to be able to buy this place or not. I was very stressed out, and wondered if we’d end up having to move into some temporary place. We didn’t really do anything for thanksgiving. If you had told me then that in another year, we’d be living here and I would own a grand piano, I would not have believed you.

I am feeling very, very thankful.

Yes

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My favorite Tdays are like yours...folks in the area with no where to go.

And no family drama!

But seriously, enjoy your day of hosting! So a great chance to connect with your friends. You will receive much more than you give.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
We’re hosting thanksgiving!

Sweet! What time should we arrive?

:lol:

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I've invited one of my homeless waif students from China to join us. Susan has invited a recent pre-med student who worked with her in her clinic, and whose family left Vietnam when she was 12. Going international!

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sweet! What time should we arrive?

If you're driving home from Florida, you could stop by on your way!

P*D, international is fun!

Except, two of our guests have already said something like "I'm so excited to experience a real American thanksgiving!"

Yikes... no pressure. Is it ok if I don't mention that the whole turkey (which will look impressive when it comes out of the oven) was pre-cooked? suave

But! I am making stuffing this year rather than getting the stuffing they sell with the turkeys, so that's something.... And I'm going to try to make the green bean thing myself too. Hopefully it won't be horrible! Big Grin

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post