well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    PA Senate Race - John Fetterman is so awesome!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA Senate Race - John Fetterman is so awesome!
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Not by Fetterman's official campaign, sadly, but one of the most brilliant campaign commercials I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/ihRX-hXQjgo

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's spectacular!

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Things had been relatively quiet on the senate front for a bit, but Oz recently stirred things up in a spectactular way. I'm starting to think there's a Fetterman mole running Oz's campaign because I don't think it would be possible to show there's a way that you are MORE out of touch with Pennsylvanians than making a commercial like this. First of all, Pennsylvanians are oddly passionate about their grocery chains - there are two local ones in the Philly area, Wegman's and Redners. Wegman's is actually a Rochester NY chain but PA is proud of it nonetheless (we were one of their first locations outside of NY and the stores are huge and spectacular). And Redners was founded locally - it's cheap, basic, dpnates a lot back to the local community and the local founder guy was well loved (and murdered a few years ago,
sadly. The crime is still unsolved.)

People around here tend to pick one chain and shop there in a fiercely loyal way. So here comes Oz, filming his commercial in a Redner's, but somehow mangles the name of the two stores together to come up with Wegner's. Now he's pissed off both groups of shoppers and made it clear that he's never grocery shopped in either store in his life (setting aside the fact that we all know he doesn't do his own grocery shopping anywhere - he has people for that.)

Now let's move on to his shopping. He's buying crudite. Yes, he uses the word crudite while shopping the veggie aisle in Redner's. I guarantee that 90% of Redner's customers have never even heard the word crudite and the others who know what it means would never use it - it's a "veggie tray" or maybe "hors d'oeuvres" if we're trying to sound fancy.

And the awkwardness. Oh the awkwardness. You just have to watch it for yourself.

https://nymag.com/intelligence...-crudites-video.html

Not to mention someone did a whole analysis where they zoomed in on the price tags and figured out that he was totally mispricing things - like the broccoli is $2 a pound, not $2 for the small piece he picks up. And who would use that many carrots? or put raw asparagus on a veggie tray (oops, I mean crudite)? And top it off with salsa??? (which is actually cheaper than he quotes - the $6 he says is the price of the Bruschetta next to it apparently). And then the "that's without the tequila" sentence at the end? Who serves veggie trays with tequila? And I hope he's not planning to get the tequila at the grocery store because we don't do liquor at the grocery stores in PA, a fact which he probably doesn't know since HE'S NOT FROM HERE.

Oh. My. God.

Sometimes I literally cannot believe this is reality right now.

The good news is Fetterman has been mercilessly fundraising with it. He has a logo for the fake "Wegner's" grocery store and has been running fake grocery store ads with specials on crudite. Brilliant. The man (or someone in his campaign) is absolutely brilliant.

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’ve been loving that thread! Apparently the video is from last April, but it’s found its way back to the surface now.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Someone made Wegner's their own Twitter account.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...e28be4b0c8c57f56c27e

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This is great!

So what are the polls looking like for this race?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Fetterman is leading pretty strongly but I don't trust anything anymore. This state is so gerrymandered and the legislature has been doing all kinds of funny business with the voter registration rolls and such. And while I don't think PA republicans like Oz, many of them are good minions and will do what their dear leader tells them to do and Oz has Trump's backing. So God only knows how it will all shake out. I still see articles talking about how the PA seat is a toss up so who knows.

https://www.abc27.com/pennsylv...eads-oz-in-new-poll/

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the price of Dr. Oz Magic Covid Cure Capsules (pat. pending) lately?

Eeker

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Something in the same vein...

Pennsylvanians Explain Why They Are Voting For Dr. Oz

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Something in the same vein...

Pennsylvanians Explain Why They Are Voting For Dr. Oz

Big Al

Those are hilarious! “His medical advice has killed a couple of people I didn’t like”. ROTFLMAO

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Oz's campaign folks prove tone deaf again....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...utm_campaign=us_main

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It’s just so very bad. Do they have polling showing they should lock in the demographic that thinks strokes are funny?

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Come join us in Massachusetts where we have a moderate Republican Gov in a Majority Democratic State.

Everyone talks to each other, is civil and gets things done...huh..what a concept.

I will be moving there soon if Montana doesn't return to its senses.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Not by Fetterman's official campaign, sadly, but one of the most brilliant campaign commercials I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/ihRX-hXQjgo

unbelievable! just terrific.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I hadn't heard anything about this campaign, Lisa. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. And please, do keep the hits coming.