well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Impeachment tracker

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9233924597

12 January 2021, 05:52 PM
wtg
Impeachment tracker
GOP representatives John Katko and Liz Cheney say they will vote to impeach. She says everyone will have a "vote of conscience". She has spoken out against Trump at times, but the cynic in me thinks that she sees McCarthy as being vulnerable right now. So maybe a mix of conscience and opportunity....

quote:
Republican Rep. Liz Cheney says she will vote to impeach President Donald Trump.

The Wyoming congresswoman, the No. 3 Republican in the House, said in a statement Tuesday that Trump “summoned” the mob that attacked the Capitol last week, “assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack.” She says, “Everything that followed was his doing.”

She also notes that Trump could have immediately intervened to stop his supporters, but he did not.

Cheney says, “There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

Also...

quote:
Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.

At the same time, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the minority leader and one of Mr. Trump’s most steadfast allies in Congress, has asked other Republicans whether he should call on Mr. Trump to resign in the aftermath of the riot at the Capitol last week, according to three Republican officials briefed on the conversations.

While Mr. McCarthy has said he is personally opposed to impeachment, he and other party leaders have decided not to formally lobby Republicans to vote “no,” and an aide to Mr. McCarthy said he was open to a measure censuring Mr. Trump for his conduct. In private, Mr. McCarthy reached out to a leading House Democrat to see if the chamber would be willing to pursue a censure vote, though Speaker Nancy Pelosi has ruled it out.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2...trump-25th-amendment

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

12 January 2021, 06:15 PM
Piano*Dad
My 288 character thoughts on McConnell ...

McConnell's Cynicism
12 January 2021, 06:48 PM
wtg
Add Adam Kinzinger of IL to the list.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

12 January 2021, 07:35 PM
Piano*Dad

12 January 2021, 11:05 PM
wtg
Fred Upton of MI

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 08:33 AM
Piano*Dad
Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.).
13 January 2021, 10:19 AM
wtg
Debate on the impeachment happening right now.

CNN cuts away when the Republicans are talking.

Fox News cuts away when the Democrats are talking.

C-SPAN shows everyone.

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 11:02 AM
jodi
Jesus. We are doomed.

Smiler Jodi

13 January 2021, 11:05 AM
Axtremus
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

C-SPAN shows everyone.
That’s why I watch C-SPAN by default for political stuff.

Completeness of coverage aside, I don’t need commentaries and I certainly don’t need TV ads.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

13 January 2021, 01:23 PM
wtg
I happened to turn the TV on to see the local news at noon. That idiot Gaetz was just starting to speak. insert barf emoticon here.

CNN and Fox and ABC and WGN (local) and PBS Create are all covering the proceedings now.

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 01:45 PM
wtg
Dan Newhouse, Republican from Washington state will vote to impeach.

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 04:20 PM
wtg
They're up to 9 GOP members voting to impeach.

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 04:35 PM
wtg
Ten.

Bazootiehead-in-training

13 January 2021, 04:55 PM
CHAS
No mention of additional vote to prevent Trump from running for office again.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

13 January 2021, 06:58 PM
wtg
One of the 10.

https://www.postandcourier.com...12-f3f46f16f88e.html

Bazootiehead-in-training