well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Assange arrested

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assange arrested
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was arrested by British police at the Ecuadorean embassy in London on Thursday, for failing to surrender to a U.K. court in 2012. His attorney said the arrest also involved a U.S. extradition request. The move, which marks the end of a seven-year standoff over Assange’s fate, came shortly after Ecuador rescinded his asylum, citing his “discourteous and aggressive behavior.” Here’s what we know about Assange’s arrest, and what happens now.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer...ssange-arrested.html

The Guardian's perspective.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37673 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The United States has charged WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with one count of conspiracy to hack a computer related to his role in the 2010 release of reams of secret American documents, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday just hours after British authorities arrested him in London.

The single charge, conspiracy to commit computer intrusion, stems from what prosecutors said was his agreement to break a password to a classified United States government computer. It is not an espionage charge, a significant detail that will come as a relief to press freedom advocates. The United States government had considered until at least last year charging him with an espionage-related offense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...ecuador-embassy.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37673 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think his beard was sufficient reason to arrest him.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Definitely. There's strong discord between his self-important and haughty attitude and his duck dynasty facial motif.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It's about bloody time.

My understanding is that Sweden finally dropped the rape and child molestation charges only because they timed out on the window to question him because he was holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy.

I do not see Assange as a journalist, a whistleblower, an investigator, a truth-warrior, or anything like that. I see him as an attention whore.

I have a pretty low opinion of Chelsea Manning, as well. And Edward Snowden, while we're at it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Definitely. There's strong discord between his self-important and haughty attitude and his duck dynasty facial motif.

ROTFLMAO

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's about time.

Posts: 24615 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
We’ve always been at war with Julian Assange

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Assange's cat.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/12...-julian-assanges-cat

Bazootiehead-in-training