well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Kyle Rittenhouse extradited

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kyle Rittenhouse extradited
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
He is accused in the killing of two protesters and the wounding of a third. Rittenhouse faces a misdemeanor charge of underage firearm possession in Wisconsin, in addition to first-degree intentional homicide, which carries a life prison sentence. He was extradited to Wisconsin on Friday.

Rittenhouse’s case has taken on a political edge, with some conservatives portraying him as a patriot who was exercising his right to bear arms during unrest. Others see him as a domestic terrorist who incited protesters by showing up wielding a rifle.

He started to cry after learning from family members about negative social media comments over the shootings, the records say. He said he was hit in the head and neck with a baseball bat and skateboard. Medics found small scratches on his arm, but no bruising or cuts.

https://apnews.com/article/sho...ffb7f96cf54903c842b9

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37679 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Another one lost to the white supremacy terrorist movement...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Don't know that I'd label him as white supremacist material. In theory, he was trying to help guard property. The people he shot were white. He looked like a kid playing cop. Except the weapon was for real.

But in any event, three people were shot and two of those died as a result of his actions.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37679 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
...and he should be tried as an adult, and if found guilty he should be sentenced as an adult. He is indeed lost. He can, perhaps, redeem himself after decades in jail to think about it, but his life trajectory is forever tainted. He will always (and justifiably) be known as the dipsh!t who did this and destroyed other people's lives for nothing.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
...and he should be tried as an adult, and if found guilty he should be sentenced as an adult. He is indeed lost. He can, perhaps, redeem himself after decades in jail to think about it, but his life trajectory is forever tainted. He will always (and justifiably) be known as the dipsh!t who did this and destroyed other people's lives for nothing.

I agree.

Posts: 24617 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post