well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    PSA: Hey guys, get in front of the next shortage
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA: Hey guys, get in front of the next shortage
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
If you don’t own any, buy some hair clippers. A few weeks from now they’ll be flying off the shelves.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Ponytails gonna be in.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm way ahead of you.

They came a couple of days ago. Haven't tried them on Mr wtg yet, but shouldn't be a big deal. He used to trim his own beard with clippers, and his hair is simple enough to keep in line.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
sigh
We are two gay men, but not a hairdresser in sight.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25708 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
How long does a virus live on human hair?
Time for a cue ball look?

Posts: 25708 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I do have one I bought for the cats several years ago. It's been used lightly. I guess I could clean it up.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I also have thinning shears and decent hair scissors that I bought when my Mom stopped going to the hairdresser. They aren't terribly expensive.

These are not currently available, but just for reference the set was $30.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got 40 years of grooming golden retrievers and Newfoundlands behind me. I hope the skills transfer.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ve been Steve’s haircutter forever. I am on my second set of Wahl clippers. Costco usually has them.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Not a problem here. I have not had a store-bought haircut in over 30 years…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I know this is ridiculous but the lack of stylist is the biggest inconvenience for me. I have pixie-short hair. Each strand is super fine but I have a LOT of strands so it’s very thick. It grows super fast. It has just enough natural wave to have a mind of its own. And, of course, my job hasn’t disappeared, it’s just moved to online video meetings every single day.

I have been getting it cut every four weeks like clockwork for 18 years. If I go five weeks I look like I have a really bad wig from the 70s. I am super picky about who cuts my hair. When my previous stylist left the industry I tried 10 different people before I found my current one. My hair is just not very cooperative if it’s not cut extremely well.

And that’s all before we discuss the fact that the last time he assessed the level of grey in my hair without colour he said 75%.

This is not going to be pretty.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG I was literally thinking about 1) buying clippers and 2) starting a thread titled “attn Dol, what are we going to do about our haircuts”!!!

I am exactly like Dol, well except I usually go 5 weeks between haircuts.

Oh dear.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mr. SK has just informed me that he is confident he can cut my hair, because he’s very good at trimming our hedges.

ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Mr. SK has just informed me that he is confident he can cut my hair, because he’s very good at trimming our hedges.

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO At this point I’d take that confidence!

I might embrace headscarves. Shrug

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
dol and SK, you guys crack me up....

I have a medium short layered cut that takes a really skilled stylist to maintain. I manage to eke out 7 weeks between haircuts by trimming the bangs and the neckline myself, but there's no way I could do the layers.

I'll be looking like the little Dutch girl by the time this is over....

Bazootiehead-in-training