well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    But for the grace of .... sheer luck
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

But for the grace of .... sheer luck
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
There have been a lot of reports of fallen trees in our region lately. They've been partially due to high winds, but also due to soil so saturated that the roots no longer have good purchase....

We had an arborist remove the fallen tree and also another one near it that he said was also in perilous condition.

Thanks for reminding me about the big tree out front that needs surgery - hangs over the road too. It's hard to tell who it belongs to as it's pretty much divided thee ways between me, the neighbor and the township, but the township denies responsibility and the neighbor house is always rented by people who don't take care of anything. (Don't even know how to get in touch with the landlord. Tricky situation from other POV too)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Those "almosts" can be shattering - glad it was just that and no more!

What really scares me too are the "almosts" which are VERY close calls - whether my fault or the other driver's.

Bottom line, is another vehicle coming oh-so close to completely swiping me, coming up from what must be my blind spot (and his daredevil driving - passing on the right at lightening speed coming out of nowhere).

I don't even realize it happened until the slight wind he creates makes a whooshing noise. Then I say a little prayer.

*shiver*

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post