well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Zillow Gone Wild
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zillow Gone Wild
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted
A Facebook page I was just made aware of. Hopefully this link takes you straight to this mansion on 45 acres in Illinois. You must click on the photos and read the hilarious comments. Big Grin

https://m.facebook.com/zillowg...0o&source=48&paipv=0

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It asks for a FB login, which I don't have.

I think SK has posted ZGW houses, but I don't recall if she posted the FB link, or if she found the actual real listing for the property and posted it instead.

edit: Is it this one?

https://www.facebook.com/zillo...osts/299057455448524

https://www.bnd.com/news/natio...rticle255963957.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
nope, that's not it. i don't know how interesting it would be without the comments on FB. make up an account you never use! just in case there is something interesting to look at.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
wtg, i can't find it on zillow, nor on the substack page by the same name. i think you are going to have to look on FB

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Designed by V. Putin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Here it is. But you won't get the comments.

I don't think I've ever seen a colder home.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...-60175/4656462_zpid/

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

I don't think I've ever seen a colder home.

a bedroom fit for Caligula.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As $3M houses go I rather like it. I’ve feen far, far worse. Needs the right furnishings, art and carpets but as it sits it’s not bad.

Details:

If I had a laundry room that size I’d have at least two washers and two dryers. Get everything done in half the time.

I really like the fountain in the driveway and the waterfall. Nice big windows - when you buy a house like this you lose the right to complain about heating bills.

Nice stonework but too much of it. Easy enough to cover. The theater lighting stuff is just weird, as is the bed with the columns around it.

Nice kitchen but the work triangle would make me crazy. Who ever designed it doesn’t cook.

The laminate floors don’t work and I’ll bet they weren’t original. The carpeted rooms are much nicer.

Love the garages - so much light!

Exterior practically cries out for evergreens to soften the facade. The rest of the grounds are very nice.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
[edit] Grounds were designed by the same guy who designed the Japanese gardens in Portland. I knew his name sounded familiar.

Hoichi Kurisu

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Professional theater lighting in the bedroom means less setup for the camera crew and sound guys. ThumbsUp

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
The house looks like it's never been lived in. I wonder if it was built for a Russian oligarch who doesn't dare come to live in it, given the sanctions after the start of war in Ukraine.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Professional theater lighting in the bedroom means less setup for the camera crew and sound guys. ThumbsUp

It’s in the living room too.

Bigger groups, I suppose. Eeker

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
The house looks like it's never been lived in. I wonder if it was built for a Russian oligarch who doesn't dare come to live in it, given the sanctions after the start of war in Ukraine.

Big Al

It’s 25 years old. The fact it looks so good is a tribute to high quality materials.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out why the taxes are so low. And did you see they started trying to sell it for like $7 million a few years ago?

The gardens look pretty nice (understatement of the year). You'd need an army to maintain them.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's one in New Berlin, WI.

https://twitter.com/zillowgone.../1502338407867064327

It sold shortly after going viral on ZGW.

Bazootiehead-in-training