well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Have you been tested?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you been tested?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think if you look up the opposite of ‘social distancing’ in the antonym finder you’ll get ‘colonoscopy’.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We need to exhibit symptoms to get tested here, and I believe the rules are very local, or at least county by county. There are drive-through clinics and many brick and mortar offices can offer them as well (including many doctor's offices). I don't know the turnaround time or the cost.

I haven't been tested, as I've had no symptoms.

However, an unexpected downside--my regular doctors are at OHSU, the state medical teaching hospital. It's one of the major centers for COVID treatment in the state, and many of their regular doctors are now focussing on COVID instead of their routine medical responsibilities. This means that a lot of my routine stuff is on hold--things like annual exams, boob squashing, colonoscopy. As much as I love my OHSU docs, I may need to at least get some routine stuff done elsewhere for the time being.

And wtg, I first read your post to mean you had a drive-through colonoscopy. That's taking social distancing to an extreme. Big Grin
Regarding boob smashing and other regular upkeep and maintenance . . .

I'm trying to get things done while the coast is clear. As soon as our stay-at-home order was lifted, I got everything done: Dentist, a cardiac test, a couple of other routine things, a haircut. I figured that was the safest window.

I also have a lot of toilet paper, pasta, and beans.

I am ready.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I did get a haircut, postponing dentist..

When I had my televisit with my Dr's office to get the test, we talked about my pending tests..they were all cancelled.

So colonoscopy is still cancelled...not being done routinely at this point even still.

Boob squish, however, is...they just didn't get back to me to reschedule...Sigh...so it is on me I guess.

I do love that I live in a very medically conservative state. It helps that our governor has had past experience as the CEO of the large healthcare company. He gets it. And he is a Republican! Ole

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post