well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Have you been tested?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you been tested?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have had a mild sore throat for a few days, I expect is it my allergies and am now on antibiotics for suspected start of a sinus infection all pretty normal for me. But to be on the safe side, I have a COVID test this morning.

I have remained home for the most part, except for trips to the store and a once a week Friday stop at the office for about 20 minutes, all masked up etc.

The test will give clarity on when I can return to the office. I have someone covering for me today.

I feel fine but will remain home, work remotely and get groceries delivered until I get results back, probably on Monday.

Just an FYI, I have had NO contact with my neighbor since June, long before he left on his vacation of disaster.

Have you been tested?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I have had two antibody tests and a I’ll have another one Tuesday. It’s an atypical situation, I have standing lab orders due to transplant so I just had them add a Covid AB test to it. I figured even when I ultimately get vaccinated I’ll want to know how the antibodies are holding up.

I’ll be curious how long it takes you to get results. I’m hearing horror stories of two weeks.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
jon, I just got back. Took less than three minutes, including waiting for the car ahead of me.

I asked about turn around time as just this morning the local news is saying there is a delay. But they assured me it was still 24-48 hours. Given this is Friday, I don't expect an answer till Monday.

I had the antibody test about a month ago, that turn around was 24 hours.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I had the antibody test a while back. Got tested on Saturday morning, results were back Monday night.

Had to get tested last Sunday for my Wednesday colonoscopy. Had an "appointment" (come in between 8 and 9 am) at a drive thru facility. No wait, results back on Tuesday morning.

Illinois is testing aggressively. State drive thru facilities are returning results in a few days, too.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37885 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I was not given a test before my colonoscopy last month.

Haven't had any testing yet.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Got tested about 3 weeks ago, at drive up clinic, on a Friday afternoon at 3. Got a phone call on Saturday afternoon saying the test was negative.

My state is awesome.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Well, this thread really brings home just how bad my state is with regard to testing. VeryAngry

I haven't been tested yet, but I have friends who have. The ones who went to the free option at CVS had to wait a week. Another family who are friends-of-friends paid at a different clinic, had results in something like 48 hours.

My university started testing this past Monday and based on my FB timeline, everyone who went to the university testing center was in the car line for about four hours. A few got results in 2 days, others have not gotten their results yet.

We have been aggressively isolating since March 14th, with the exception of the grocery store.

Oh and on Wed my uni announced that we will start the first four weeks of the fall semester online.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It may depend on why you need a test.

In my case, I was having odd symptoms and called my doctor. I talked to the triage nurse, and she said we should rule out Covid first. She sent a referral to my phone, and I went to a drive up clinic that takes my health insurance.

I was the second of four cars. They sent one car away because you can’t get tested there without a referral. The wait was just to fill out consent forms.

My boss also got tested and did not receive his result for over two weeks, by which time he had recovered. Negative.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It may depend on why you need a test.

Perhaps, but this state is doing such a bad job that I'm sure that's not all that's happening.

Regarding our uni's testing site, the people going to get tested there are required to get the test in order to be cleared to return to campus (the current group getting tested includes certain staff who can't easily work from home and faculty who need access to on-campus labs, so I'm not in this group). They're getting a lot of criticism about how poorly it's being handled. This was the first week so hopefully they're iron out some of the kinks over time.

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have to say, Massachusetts is doing a great job. We have a campaign now through August encouraging ANYONE to get tested. The goal is to find disease and track it more accurately.

As part of this program, they are opening 4 locations in sequence in my city. The first ends today at the Public Health office, then next will be at the Cambodian assistance org and will be walk up only for community members who do not have access to cars (with translators). The other two sites will move to other challenged neighborhoods.

This was implemented in cities of higher rates of disease in order to catch it and get challenged communities better access.

I went through the hospital via my Dr (they have a drive up outside the ER). I didn't want to take one of the public testing spots in case someone else really needed it.

MillCityGrows.org

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I had antibody testing about a month ago, ancillary to a blood donation. Results (negative) were returned in about two weeks.

Testing delays in my area are widely variable. Some tests are returned in a day or two, but some tests, particularly through commercial testing companies such as Quest are taking over a week, by which time any contact tracing for positive tests is largely moot.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I have not been tested, but I've located a testing center that returns results within 24 hours, just in case. Cost is $20.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We need to exhibit symptoms to get tested here, and I believe the rules are very local, or at least county by county. There are drive-through clinics and many brick and mortar offices can offer them as well (including many doctor's offices). I don't know the turnaround time or the cost.

I haven't been tested, as I've had no symptoms.

However, an unexpected downside--my regular doctors are at OHSU, the state medical teaching hospital. It's one of the major centers for COVID treatment in the state, and many of their regular doctors are now focussing on COVID instead of their routine medical responsibilities. This means that a lot of my routine stuff is on hold--things like annual exams, boob squashing, colonoscopy. As much as I love my OHSU docs, I may need to at least get some routine stuff done elsewhere for the time being.

And wtg, I first read your post to mean you had a drive-through colonoscopy. That's taking social distancing to an extreme. Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
a drive-through colonoscopy

ROTFLMAO hysteric ROTFLMAO