well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Things to watch

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things to watch
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
CNET does a "best of Netflix docs" list.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/e...022/#ftag=CAD590a51e

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great BBC series called Connections, hosted by James Burke. Available on archive.org

https://archive.org/details/ConnectionsByJamesBurke

He also did one called The Day the Universe Changed. You can find those here:

https://archive.org/search.php...%3A%22James+Burke%22

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Wednesday on Netflix is fun.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I watched an episode of Attack on Pearl Harbor: Minute by Minute, on Netflix. I wasn't aware of a lot of the details of how everything unfolded.

There are interviews with people who were there, including a Japanese pilot who survived. He was 103 at the time the doc was made last year. He looks amazing.

Two more episodes to go....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:

Jf

We watched the first episode and it was a bit too YA/teen for our tastes. Should we stick with it?

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jf
+1

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:

Jf

We watched the first episode and it was a bit too YA/teen for our tastes. Should we stick with it?

It's going to continue to be YA-ish, but it was fun.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I like Wednesday a lot but I love the Addams family in general ever since I watched reruns of the original black and white tv series as a kid. I thought Wednesday was a worthy addition to the lineup (unlike the last animated movie which was godawful.) It is YA/teen drama ish but I still thought it was good.

But Mr. Lisa and I both LOVED Pepsi Where's My Jet (the first documentary listed in that article). I highly recommend it - there's only 4 half-hour long episodes - the first one starts a little slow but it is definitely worth sticking with. It's hilarious and there's a pretty central character who shows up mid-story that you do NOT see coming which makes it all the more funny.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There's a documentary series called "Untold" that I'm pretty sure is on Netflix. It has several titles in it--they all have to do with sports. But even if you're not a big sports fan, I highly recommend "The Girlfriend That Didn't Exist" (title might be slightly off) - the story of Manti Te'o, who was a college football phenom, later drafted into the NFL. While still in college, he was catfished by a person who ended up being his "girlfriend." It's a fascinating, creepy, and infuriating. Definitely worth a watch, in my opinion.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post