well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ah, the new left ...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ah, the new left ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Another Viral Video

... of righteous white lefties.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I would have given the group the finger, at some risk to life and limb.

David French's take

"... unless confrontation is the only purpose."

Yes indeed. Virtue signaling of this sort justifies all sorts of anti-social behavior.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Why do they keep creating free content for the Trump campaign?

But yeah, I saw this woman. That is exceptional bravery.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What jon said.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It happened just like that on the streets of Williamsburg last month. White BLM protestors aggressively confronting diners on Duke of Gloucester street in the Merchants Square area. Didn't get on video, I suppose, so didn't go viral. Story told to me by a fairly conservative ... black former student of mine who angrily intervened on behalf of the diners.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There's certainly enough idiocy on all sides. How about we agree that it's there. I honestly don't understand the need to post every left-wing display of idiocy, while ignoring the right-wing false flag operations and other bullying.

Seriously, we get it. Do you think these scenes are representative of BLM supporters as a whole, or just the ones that are idiots and bullies? These posts are also creating free content for the Trump campaign.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Wherein WTF becomes too right-wing for Nina.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
There's certainly enough idiocy on all sides. How about we agree that it's there. I honestly don't understand the need to post every left-wing display of idiocy, while ignoring the right-wing false flag operations and other bullying.

Seriously, we get it. Do you think these scenes are representative of BLM supporters as a whole, or just the ones that are idiots and bullies? These posts are also creating free content for the Trump campaign.

+1
Thank you, Nina

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I think there is enough of it to debunk the notion that they are outliers.

Between this nonsense and Biden wanting to revamp 401K plans you should give some thought to four more years.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13557 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Biden wanting to revamp 401K plans you should give some thought to four more years.

Has anyone really figured out the impact? I've read several pieces and still don't quite understand.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...t-mean/#16481a514eb0

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/...ditional-401k-plans/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice the electrical code violation in the lower right area of the restaurant picture? Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Biden wanting to revamp 401K plans you should give some thought to four more years.

Has anyone really figured out the impact? I've read several pieces and still don't quite understand.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...t-mean/#16481a514eb0

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/...ditional-401k-plans/

No one else does either. But all anyone really needs to or will hear is the Forbes headline...

quote:
Joe Biden Promises To End Traditional 401(k)-Style Retirement Savings Tax Benefits.

How many independent voters do you figure have 401K plans? I'd say most of them. How many Democrat voters? Third rail.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13557 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Many if not most of our threads point out right wing idiocy, god knows we all could do it full time and only scratch the surface.

Only a small minority of threads here point out idiocy on the left.

Honestly, to me your post sounds a lot like an appeal to stick to the narrative.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nina, do you think that our posts here somehow have impact on the wider world?

Sorry, if I'm misunderstanding (I read it quite a number of times before asking) but I really wondered if you thought our exchanges here could have that effect.

If you meant something different, please tell me me. I have the impression that you were expressing something worth listening to and I'd like to be sure I'm getting it.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
There's certainly enough idiocy on all sides.... \

Many if not most of our threads point out right wing idiocy, god knows we all could do it full time and only scratch the surface.

Only a small minority of threads here point out idiocy on the left.

Honestly, to me your post sounds a lot like an appeal to stick to the narrative.

Once more I've decided to ask a poster for clarification (and entirely because I wanted to benefit from their insights and got lost somewhere.

OK so far, jon, but I don't know what "narrative" you're referring to. The over-riding theme here (WTF's liberal slant) or something else?

After all, the media are full of stories about mixed protestors, Right-ish and Left-ish. (Reminds me of a professor who spoke of the difference in warfare when armies stopped wearing uniforms!)

I may be the thickest person here, but I'm having increasing trouble understanding messages here. I've just decided to "reality check" here and there. I get an embarrassing amount of my opinions from WTF. NOT wholesale! But I value your thoughts want to make I sure I'm grasping your point.

You are notable for actively participating in both fora (much more there than here, if anything)-.
Likewise, for speaking up there (in this instance) overall antiTrump. However, your very presence there suggests (to say the least) your wish to avoid partisanism.

I can understand that. We all want to consider ourselves reasonable people who can't be characterized by a single dismissive label.(One son in particular seems to have staked out a claim to omniscient, clear-seeing Centrism! Argue )

With all the (well-founded) concern expressed eveywhere about "division" and polarization, we want to avoid being part of it. (I AM concerned about falling prey to dreaded "echo chamber" effect.)

So when comments are raised which seem to want to help us avoid extremes, I especially want to benefit. (And then - hopefully - form my own opinion.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post